Wings sign Hossa

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I felt this one needed its own thread...the rich get richer...

Marian Hossa has agreed to a one-year/$7.4 million contract with the Detroit Red Wings.

As if the Stanley Cup Champions were short on star players to begin with. Hossa had a down season by his standards with 29 goals and 66 points in 72 regular season games, but he was a force in the playoffs with 26 points in 20 games. Look for Hossa to bounce back with an 80+ point season, especially if he shares a line with Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg
credit: rotoworld.com

padd

Registered Member
Fuckin Red Wings man, as if they needed Hossa. I don't mean to hate but the Red Wings are like the spoiled little girl who just get everything they want. I hope he fucks up the chemistry of that team.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
It seems like from what im hearing it was all Hossa on this one. He took less money to come to the team he wanted too

that bastard

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Fuckin Red Wings man, as if they needed Hossa. I don't mean to hate but the Red Wings are like the spoiled little girl who just get everything they want. I hope he fucks up the chemistry of that team.
OK, people want to play for the Wings because it's a good team - not just a winning team, but a good place to be. Also, we have one of the best GMs ever in Ken Holland.

quitcherbitchin. In the 70's & 80's, the Wings sucked. We did our time.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have no faith in Hossa, the more I see him bounce around the more he just becomes a washed up rent a player as far as I'm concerned. Let the wings have him, I do feel he'll screw up their chemistry... make them about as effective as the Rags with that high profile roster.

this one didnt need a thread any more than the Blue Jackets giving Fritsche up :-o

padd

Registered Member
quitcher****in. In the 70's & 80's, the Wings sucked. We did our time.
You're right.. although come mext Stanley Cup.. the age of the Montreal Canadiens will resume.

Hell Yeah

canadian24

Registered Member
All the more power to their team man for getting Hossa. They really are showing that they want to be back exactly where they were last year. As well props to Hossa for really showing he wants to win and just aint in this for the money anymore. Oh who are we kidding , He's getting both.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was really surprise that he went to the Wings, but he stated that he wanted to win a Cup, so the team that stand the best chances of winning a cup next year as to be the Red Wings. So I believe Hossa made a right decision in going there, but I'm not happy that he went. I wanted Montreal to get him.