• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Windsurfing

FourBear

Has anyone here even been windsurfing? I've always wondered what that was like.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I've wached those guys doing it but haven't tried it..Looks kind of fun..More work than surfing. :lol:

I wanna go kite surfing. Now that looks fun. :nod:

Last edited:

tater03

Registered Member
I have never tried it but I have heard that it is not easy to do. When you are watching though it doesn't look like it would be all that hard but I guess it is. Now kite flying I would love to try someday.

FourBear

I just think it would be really cool to try some tricks on a windsurfing board. Don't they have indoor "oceans" with wind and waves somewhere? I swear I'm not making it up, I read it somewhere.

tater03

Registered Member
I have never heard of an indoor ocean but that would be an awesome thing to see. I am going to see if I can find anything on this. I am curious now if there is one.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I believe that there is a type of indoor ocean that simulates waves, but the waves that it creates are not very large.

I haven't ever heard of one that had wind and all that.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya..I found out that there is no parks with a wind simulators in it..The closest to it is a wave park in japan..But the wind is the central air station.

Most surf parks only make a 3ft wave to use, some have a 6 foot wave. But let me tell ya it hurts like a mother when you get rolled in a wipe out.

I tried it and I prefer the ocean, but if you don't live near the ocean then go for it.
It's harder to learn that way. Oh yeah and the cost of going to the surf parks is steep. Cheaper to go and do the real thing.

BTW they are making plans to open a few parks in the U.S by 2009, North Carolina got one first. :D White water park.

tater03

Registered Member
I had looked around and wasn't finding anything that wasn't more along the lines of a wave pool. I think it would be neat to have something where the waves were somewhat bigger.