Windows XP Question #2

Discussion in 'Computers' started by ATARIGUY, Aug 27, 2008.

1. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

The picture below has 2 taskbars and mine is the top one and my question is how do I make it look like the one on the bottom, I mean add color and change the way it looks ??

[​IMG]

2. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Right click on your desktop > Choose properties

Under Themes you will have a drop down menu including Windows classic(your current set up) and Windows XP(the blue task bar).

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

ok it's simple

right click
    properties
    appearance
    the selection is in here.

4. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

Hey Bananas and dDave that worked and I knew it had to be something simple however to my defense I am still learning about XP

5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Alright so you've changed your taskbar to look like older versions of windows, but is that enough for you?

You may have noticed that the items in the start menu are set up differently in windows XP than any previous versions of windows. If you also want to change this then do this.

Right click on taskbar
    properties
    start menu (it's a tab at the top)
    select "classic start menu"

Then it will truly be what you are used to rather than just look sort of like it.

6. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

I did ???

I changed my taskbar to look like the newer versions of Windows and what I was used to was boring and bland.

If I have any other questions regarding Windows XP I will post them in this forum and yeah it is enough for now.

7. fleinn

fleinn 101010

8. Tooshie

Tooshie Registered Member

Maybe u should download things called themes

9. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

Tooshie, as stated above the problem has been solved