• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Windows Vista

mohammadrizwan

Hello Everyone.

Can u tell me that when Microsoft will release Windows Vista?

M Rizwan

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Re: Windows Vists

There isn't an official release date set, although this is an interesting read:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/index.php?p=13

What is it about the date August 24 and Microsoft Windows?

August 24, 1995 - Microsoft officially releases Windows 95 with the biggest launch party in the history of the computer industry.

August 24, 2001 - Microsoft releases Windows XP to manufacturing.

August 24, 2006 - Microsoft releases Windows Vista to manufacturing?
If that is correct then we are looking at an approximate launch date of late August 2006.

:)

leopard22

Registered Member
Hmmm ... I bet it will be August 24th yet again then. Probably Bill G. got the date from a session with a Oiuja board (spelling??) when he was younger and he's now convinced unless he releases a new OS on August 24th, it will crash and burn. Should we tell him it's too late :lol:

Thermal

Registered Member
Last I've heard, the Business version will be released Nov. 2006, and home versions will be released Jan. 2007.

leopard22

Registered Member
Thermal said:
Last I've heard, the Business version will be released Nov. 2006, and home versions will be released Jan. 2007.
I know I'm being cynical (again!) but do you think Microsoft changed the code name Longhorn to Vista just to make people think it was a further upgrade and not just a renaming of the project? Or do you think they just waited around until marketing people came up with a good name?

I'm not going to hold my breathe until the release date. I expect it will be put back again. I don't know if we'll ever see Vista. It'll probably be named something else and Microsoft will just say "nevermind".

Thermal

Registered Member
Longhorn was just a code name, a way for people to communicate about an unnamed product in development until an official name is decided on, and Vista is the official name. I really don't see them changing it again, and I don't think Microsoft could handle another delay. The last I heard, there was a change in management due to the large amount of internal outcry after the last delay (2006 to 2007).

leopard22

Registered Member
Thermal said:
Longhorn was just a code name, a way for people to communicate about an unnamed product in development until an official name is decided on, and Vista is the official name. I really don't see them changing it again, and I don't think Microsoft could handle another delay. The last I heard, there was a change in management due to the large amount of internal outcry after the last delay (2006 to 2007).
Ouch - glad I don't work for Microsoft, well, for a lot of reasons I guess, but especially if there was a lot of internal unrest going on. I hope it's significantly improved given how long they've been working on it. I resisted going to XP initially but in the end I'm glad I did - the positives do outweigh the negatives, IMHO. Hopefully Microsoft has finally learned over the past decade or so to not rush to market with a buggy product.