Windows Updates

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Xeilo, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you download them as soon as they come out or you feel you cant be bothered and do it some other time? And is there a need to download them as soon as they come out?

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I haven't done a windows update in years. I think the last time was when SP2 came out. I don't see the point in them if you have firewall and virus protection already on your system and keep everything up to date.

3. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

I don't always download when a new version of something is ready for download if i am happy with the current version then I click no or skip and the only think i do always download is virus and spyware definitions and newer versions of those types of programs

4. ChromaticMike

ChromaticMike Registered Member

Vista SP1 came out a while ago I think. Still I don't think I've updated yet.

5. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

Only when I needed sp2 for petty programs... Like their security updates are worth the price on a rats ass.

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I let Syndicate deal with things like that. It's not that I can't be bothered, I just don't understand what's safe and what isn't when it comes to PC's. He's always looked after my baby.

7. ChromaticMike

ChromaticMike Registered Member

That's like me, I only download something when I absolutely need it! ^^

8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I have all updates go automatically when I turn my computer off.

I also update stuff like itunes, firefox, and chrome.

When SP3 came out I went for it though it's a necessity to keep your computer running in top condition.