Windows Live

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow.. Microsoft is at it again. They bought live.com recently, and slapped some content on it. It's also the #1 traffic site on the internet this week:

http://www.live.com/

I assumed it would be for XBOX LIVE, but apparently not. I'm not sure what the site is for yet, but it looks like it is some sort of search/portal. A nice simple page to compete with Google maybe?

There is also a new Live Mail, and a Live Messenger that they are working on. Obviously the mail could replace hotmail, and the messenger will replace MSN. (They even say it on the site).

2. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

I also read earlier today or last night that MS was interested in AOL...

3. Pianobone

Pianobone Registered Member

That could be good. As much as I don't care for Microsoft, I hate AOL even more and would gladly support anyone who would try to get rid of them.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well Microsoft has it's pluses and minuses. Operating system-wise, it owns the world. If Microsoft were to go out of business, the world as we know if would be effected negatively. If AOL were to go out of business, well, that wouldn't really matter. However, I think Microsoft plans to buy AOL and keep the name. If they did this, who knows, maybe AOL would become DECENT. Lately I've steered away from IE though, so I can't give Microsoft browser credit anymore.

Windows Live looks like Microsoft will have a lot going for them in the near future though. Sweet online email, a much better messenger program, and a few other ideas.

5. Albey

Albey Registered Member

I kinda have to like microsoft due to the nature of what i do. But i like IE, and i will support it. As for OS, i don't mind it, but if it was up to me, i wouldn't use it at all.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Albert, I need to show you FireFox. When you see how fast it runs on my computer you'll switch over to it.

How much did they pay for that domain? Four-letter domains like that have to go for the millions, especially one that can be two different words. I'm interested to see what they do with it.

7. Pianobone

Pianobone Registered Member

I'm sure Bill Gates isn't losing any sleep over footing the bill. :rolleyes:

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I really don't think it matters, either. I was just curious if they released that kind of information, they usually do. It's a guy thing, ya know?

9. Shawk

Shawk Registered Member

Microsoft is going to take over the world...

Seriously.