Windows 7 RC Download!

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you missed the Windows 7 Beta download, which was turned off quite a while ago, you can get the Release Candidate version starting tomorrow on Microsoft's website:

Welcome to Windows 7

Who has tried the beta so far? I haven't but I'll be getting the RC tomorrow to check out.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I haven't tried the beta so far but I hear that they fixed control panel and right click properties instead of opening up that stupid and useless window.

I also hear that they tried to make it take up a lot less resources, but we'll see what happens, I haven't personally tried, it, one of my friends got the beta version (I used it once, it feels nice)

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I have got the beta version, but it's currently running in a VM. My processor limits me to using the x86 version, because I couldn't be arsed to set up a dual boot system on my crappy 40 GB drive.

I may get hold of the RC, depends on if it would be x64 only, and if I feel like slapping my drive around to get it working.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I'm starting my download now. 3.05 gigs. Not that bad really. I couldn't get the download to work in Chrome or IE (go figure) so I had to use FireFox for it. :lol:

Blueyes

Registered Member
better be careful because according to gizmodo the RC1 version will start shutting down automatically every 2 hours a month before it expires

Watch the calendar. The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start. To avoid interruption, you'll need to install a non-expired version of Windows before March 1, 2010. You'll also need to install the programs and data that you want to use.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't care about that. I'll likely just buy the real deal by the time that comes around so it won't be an issue.

Worst case scenario, XP is still better and I'll just stick to that. I really hope I like 7 better than Xp though. I'm getting bugged by XP Pro lately and I could use a good 64 bit OS and don't feel like paying $150 for XP Pro 63 bit when 7 is so close.

Last edited:

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
better be careful because according to gizmodo the RC1 version will start shutting down automatically every 2 hours a month before it expires
This should really only apply to people who decide to completely overwrite their current OS. It shouldn't have any massive effect on those who dual boot, use a VM, or have a testing machine.

and don't feel like paying $150 for XP Pro 63 bit when 7 is so close.
Usenet.

:awesome:

Last edited:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
So far this thing has been a nightmare to install. I'm trying to install it on a completely fresh PC build, never had any OS on it before and the stupid thing won't start up properly after the first stage of the install.

Figures.