• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WindowBlinds anyone?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anybody else use WindowBlinds? It's a really cool program that allows you to download and install "skins" for Windows XP.

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/

I have had it for several years now, and have been using the OSX Mac themes available for it. There are some really good ones available. The main thing for me with the OSX skins is that I love having the three minimize/maximize/close buttons on the top left of each window instead of the right (default Windows).

There are some cool Vista lookalike skins available too. If you are getting sick of how Windows XP looks, then I suggest checking this out. It's free if you don't mind having limited features. I've had the free version for years and I've been just fine with it.

Here's another one of my favorite skins: http://www.wincustomize.com/Preview.aspx?Source=StardockMedia/wb/5603.jpg

If only it was available with the buttons on the left.

:)

Albey

Registered Member
Wow, i am downloading it now. Much more effective and easier than those other "windows hacker" programs they call it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
StyleXP has more options than just Windows skinning. You can customize your logon/logoff screens, boot screens, add transparency, change icon sets, the IE toolbar, and all of that good stuff.

Thermal

Registered Member
I was never really into WindowsBlinds. I like things simple, and I rather not have another service running in the background.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
You can turn the service off in StyleXP, actually.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I tried StyleXP and didn't like it as much.

Actually, I don't like having extra things running in the background either but it's worth the trade to have my window buttons on the top left instead of the top right how Windows puts them by default.

I used macs for a while a few years ago and loved the setup. My next computer will probably be a mac as well.

jayadev

Registered Member
WindowBlinds is a very good product. I have used it. The best part is the product does not take much system resources. But does the free version works forever or it has a time limit?

Penguin

Registered Member
I recently learned of someone who installed it and had their computer crash completely. They had to rollback to their last known good boot in order to get back into their system.

Just a caution :)

hemisync

Registered Member
I used to use blinds around the time it first came out. Now, I'm not too concerned with looks. Simple is fine with me :)