Williams or Paul

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Who do you think is the best point guard between the two and why? I believe that Paul is the best point guard and will have a better season both are great rebouding guards, but I believe that Paul is better, and Paul is quicker between the two, and he's faster as well. Both are good shooters, not great shooters, but I believe that Paul will be a great shooter in a couple of years. Paul needs to improve is defense, in my mind I believe Deron is a very good defender.

What do you guys think?

2. TheSportsGuy

TheSportsGuy Guest

I agree. Paul really shown that the other night with the 28-18-11 (I think?) The guy is going to be off the charts in a year or two when he enhances his game and brings it up to the next level.

3. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

My choice has to be Paul

Awsome playing and shooting and including blocking. He is god-damn fast and quicker than Williams.

4. TheSportsGuy

TheSportsGuy Guest

Exactly. I think his speed will be the factor that will upgrade his defense in the future once he is disciplined in doing so.

5. HitBattousai

HitBattousai Guest

Paul is waayy better, and has a chance to be an all-time great PG imo. He just needs to shore up his defense and his jumper a bit.

6. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

IMO Paul out weight Williams in just about every catagory, he's faster makes better decisions on the fastbreak and I think has a higher NBA IQ, there both great players but I think Chris Paul is a better overall player.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It seems that we all agree, but a lot of experts in the NBA especially scouts say that Deron Williams will be just has good as Chris Paul. I personally don't believe it, don't get me wrong Deron is a good point guard, but he's no Paul. But Sloan must think he's something special if he chose him before Paul, and he's the starter of the Jazz, we all know that Sloan doesn't like to play young players.

8. Rickster

Rickster Guest

Paul. Did you see him during the FIBA Worlds tournament? He played excellently.

9. DaKidAce

DaKidAce Guest

Chirs Paul > D.Williams

they are pretty much even excpt in points and rebounds. but d.williams has him in the win department

10. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

Paul has the potential to be an all time great and possibly a top 5 pg.

Deron will be a solid all-star who puts up very good numbers and will be consistent but not dazzling.

Only time will tell if both stay on the path they have started.