William Regal wins KOTR tourny

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Any thoughts on Regal becoming the King in the WWE??

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

WOW, I did not expect this. I was thinking it would be Triple H or Batista.

I'm still in shock! O_O

3. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I think it's total crap. Regal is better than one of the current titleholders, but he's an established veteran who probably won't be winning a heavyweight championship anytime soon. He doesn't need the rub! I thought for sure Punk would of gotten the nod...I wasn't too keen in Punk being KOTR because he's already Mr. MITB, but it would have helped to elevate his credibility in his quest towards a title shot. I probably would have been happiest with Matt Hardy winning and going on to get the U.S. title at Backlash. At least based on the scenario I was given.

4. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

Hey what do you expect, it was on 'free tv'. Can't hope for anything special. I thought it was a great show, even though the outcome was not what everybody wanted, I was happy with the results. Keep in mind, the KOR used to be a pay per view and we saw up and coming stars winning the event, they just used it this year to help out there storyline.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I personally didn't expect Regal to win and I was shocked that he did win, I personally expected Y2J to win the King of the Ring. Its stupid that they made Regal the winner especially since he hasn't done anything for the longest time that is worth talking about.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I agree. They built it up enough to seem like somebody creditable was going to win. And look what happened. :\

7. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

I remember when KOTR meant something and had a whole ppv dedicated to it, now it has been lessened to a episode of RAW, wow way to screw up attention WWE.

8. Millz

Well it's not like its been on PPV lately. It wasnt held in 2007 and when Booker won it, it was on Smackdown only.

I dont have a problem w/ Regal winning it, but if I were him I'd give myself a WWE title shot.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Sup?

Hmmmm, Regal is one of the most talented stars the WWE has, although he's a little pudgy and needs a litle fitness work also he's going to flop when he gets into the big time matches that can run to nearly thirty minutes on occassion. Regal winning with the regal stretch, which i haven't seen used since he was Ic champ back 2002 was superb I truly believe that to be such a painful move.

I thought it was controversial and that was great Punk had to face top tier stars and Regal coasted through it. Very nice in my oppinion.

Regal wont be getting the guarranteed title shot because I don't think they will ever give him the title.

I was having an argument with my mate who though it was an abomination that CM punk tapped out. It's all apart of wrestling, what's so wrong about tapping out anyway? you're in serious pain and you want to fight on another day so you tap out, seems pretty simple to me.

Oh no, but he's gotta be heroic and reach the ropes. If he had won the KOTR it would have sucked heinous balls and i would've almost dediacted my viewing to TNA. Almost.

The KOTR is fine just being on a show, however it should've been a weekly thing the matches leading up to Backlash, the one night tourney on RAW was a bit of a shitstain on the original Kings but that's the direction WWE is going in and I could careless.

[This has been a rant by ziggy :)]

Millz likes this.
  10. Millz

haha good stuff Ziggy.

I like Regal too and I think now that Triple H, the King of Kings, is champion that Regal will won't a shot. And since he's the GM, it might very well happen.

It also helps that HHH and Regal are good friends in real life.