Xbox 360 Will XBOX sales go down significantly?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dDave, Jan 7, 2008.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Many of you are aware that Blu-Ray has finally won the battle and HD DVD has been defeated, is this going to affect XBOX sales? I think that PS 3 Sales are going to go up a lot and people are going to realize that they get a blu-ray player with their system making the PS 3 a lot cheaper than it used to seem like it was.

I think that XBOX sales will go down a lot, who wants to buy a system that doesn't support their movies? (nintendo not included of course) a lot of people will decide that PS 3 is the way to go (just because it has Blu-Ray) and that is very good for SONY good especially with their $841M loss on PS 3's.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Wait, who said Blu-Ray wins?

I'm confused.

You honestly expect Xbox sales to decrease? Thank God you're not in charge of any of my stocks. That's like saying it's a good time to invest in PS3, it still sucks! Just because it supports a format that has grown popular does not mean it's defeated it's counterpart (the Wii is in it's own league).

No one walks into a store, looks at a 360 and then a PS3, and says, "Which one plays certain movies?" They say, "Which one has better games?"

Winner: 360.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Check it out Constantine:

http://www.generalforum.com/general-tech/blu-ray-vs-hd-dvd-33328.html

Towards the end I updated it with some news about Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD. HD's about to kick the can based on recent news.

I don't think this will hurt XBOX 360 sales though. The 360 has an external HD-DVD drive that can be added for a few hundred more. Most people aren't buying this anyway.

If anything Microsoft can eventually get a license to create Blu-Ray addons and make an external Blu-Ray drive. Now, what will all those people do who purchased the HD-DVD drive? Not sure..

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't see how that will influence sales at all. The only people that might be affected are the people who bought the HD-DVD add-on, but they already have their console so that can't affect new sales. Most people buy their console for the games. Xbox 360 currently has the best library of games. Until that changes, sales will remain strong.

5. JjCrazyboy

JjCrazyboy Registered Member

i dont think it will effect xbox360 sales but I think it will help Ps3 sales. The PS3 is the one of the cheapest blu-ray player. Why not buy a Ps3 if you want a blu-ray player?? I think this is the only the the Ps3 has going for it.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

PS3 is by far the cheapest, you can get them for around 300 wheras the PS3 is 400-500.

Like I said, if you want a Blu-Ray player strictly for movies, you're not going to buy a PS3.

7. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Registered Member

It won't affect sales much for the 360.

I myself don't care about Blu-Ray and HD, don't have the TV's to support don't really need one at the moment. This also goes for A LOT of people.

8. BigPopaGamer

BigPopaGamer Registered Member

Dude, I don't think this will have much effect at all on the sales. I think Hybrix is right about the add-on drive and don't expect M$ to refund anyone the money they paid for their HD drive.

Kamikaze also hit on a good point. The actual attatch rate(is that the right word?) of HD tv's and HD players is not that high right now. Blu-Ray will take awhile to catch on as the format of choice, but what is really going to suck is when the new releases are ALL Blue-Ray, thereby forcing consumers to purchase new players just to watch their movies.

Wow, sorry, that got off the gaming topic quick.

9. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

You mean like with DVD?

10. BigPopaGamer

BigPopaGamer Registered Member

Sorry Mal, I'm confused on what you meant.