Will Vick ever be a starter?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's a few teams that could use his services next season, do you believe he'll ever be a starter again in this league? Let's pretend he has to start a minimum of six games to be a starter.

Thoughts?

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I think he'll be a starter next season. There's a lot of factors involved in that decision, though.

1. This is an uncapped season. The Eagles can afford to have three starting caliber quarterbacks on their team without the limit of a salary cap.
    2. The Eagles are slow playing to get more value out of Vick. Injuries, cuts, and bad personnel moves can all lead to teams needing a new starting quarterback. You might not see a Vick trade until training camp.
    3. Andy Reid says that McNabb is staying in Philly. That sheds a lot of light on the Vick situation. Donovan probably has one or two more seasons left before they release or trade him. Kolb is damn near ready, if not ready now, to start. Vick is the odd man out and you can bet Philly would like to get the best value for him (see point #2).

I have no clue what team Vick will end up on. The Rams, Panthers, Bills, Jaguars, Bucs, Raiders, Seahawks, Vikings (sans-Favre), and 49ers are all likely landing spots for him.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

He will not go to the Bucs or the 49ers. After Smiths year last year, they think they're set for him. The Bucs have invested too much in the past couple of years. The more sensible team is the Panthers. Delhomme is falling a part and I don't know how far Moore could take them. The Rams will probably trade down for Clausen or rumored to take Bradford at #1. Al Davis will mess up again and draft a Juice Williams type or possibly offer Vick too much to only bench him after 5 games.

4. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

St. Louis makes the most sense. He could really prove his worth to the league by helping to turn around one of the most inexperienced and confused teams in the NFL. He, Steven Jackson, Donnie Avery, and potentially another high draft pick-turn-offensive-weapon would give Spagnuolo a lot to work with.

5. Tonn

Tonn Registered Member

Vick will be a starter in the 2011 season. I personally Guarentee it. He won't be traded for a 6th or 7th round pick, Eagles might as well keep him and have him play around 10-20 plays a game. Also, If McNabb gets injured he is more then a solid backup.

6. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Kolb is the better quaeterback though, and if McNabb gets hurt, he's the better choice. They need to let Vick go and that's all there is to it.

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

The Rams, Jags or the Bills would be a good fit IMO. Panthers still have Delhomme, Bucs got 3 QBs that can improve, Raiders have Gradkowski who owned the Steelers, Seahawks have Hasselbeck and the Vikings can work on Tavaris Jackson.

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I've read a few times that the Vikings would be looking for another QB because they're not too high on T.J and Delhomme was pretty crappy last season, wasn't he?

9. Tonn

Tonn Registered Member

They won't let him go. And Vick would be a better QB to backup McNabb only for the reason of the wildcat and they must have tons of plays involving him and DeSean Jackson.

10. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Last season being the key words.

Why get rid of a player when you know he can get it done and just had a bad year or has a bad rep? Chad Johnson is still with the Bengals and look at the injuries and bad rep he's gotten so far.
    ------
    And you basically just proved my statement of Kolb being the netters backup. Vick is good for the wildcat. You are not going to run every play out of it. Vick is the better athlete, Kolb is by far the better QB.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010