• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Will the Simpsons end in the next 5 years?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you think the Simpsons will end in the next 5 years? Why or why not?

Personally I think they have to end sometime soon. It's one of the longest running shows ever (maybe the longest aside from game shows and talk shows, I'm not positive).

I think if they end in the next 5 years that they should catch everybody by surprise and end the show on December 21, 2012 by having the world end in the show. That would be a funny way to do it if you ask me.

At least one show should take advantage of that date. :lol:

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
They said they were gonna quit after their 300th episode but it never happened; they might not end until 500 or something.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hell if they have the desire to keep making them and people are still watching then keep on going I see.

I think within the next 5 years they'll stop, however. Its been a long run but all good things must come to an end eventually.

KarlW

Registered Member
Well, one obvious reason why this show has outlasted most TV sitcoms is
because it is animated. Therefore, unlike live-action shows, the children
have never aged: Bart is still 10; Lisa, 8; and Maggie, 1 (after 20 years!).
:lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I dont see the Simpsons finishing anytime soon. Like I mentioned in another thread as long as they got ideas the show will keep going. They get tons of fans watching every new shows on Sunday's and they keep watching repeats. I think it can go for another ten years.

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
As long as times continue to change there will always be satire. As long as there is satire there will still be The Simpsons.

Clear_Note

Demon King/Sith Warrior
No. Simpson will ALWAYS have something to make fun of or something to use. It will never end.

EVER. O___O

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Are any of the original writers still with the show? I don't even know to be honest. I'm curious though. How many of the original writers and cast are still with the show?

It will be really interesting if they keep it going for another 20 years or so. By then it could be an entirely new group of people behind it from when it first started.

viLky

ykLiv
I think the show should end solely based on the ideas they've been using the past few years. They're stretching with the creativity pool and instead of being the good, classic, funny Simpsons that we all know and love it turned into a "anything will do now, just give us ideas!!" type of deal.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
What it probably is, is they see shows like Family Guy getting popular, and they strive to use the same kind of humour (not the adult humour, the stupid humour) whilst still trying to keep the same Simpsons formula. I'm sure they're going to run out of ideas soon though. Even the ever popular Family Guy has been bashed by the fans as of late.

Doesn't bother me though, I'll always have American Dad! as my favourite. :D