• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Will the Republican Debate become nasty?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Republican presidential candidates engaged in mostly gentle sparring during their first debate. Wednesday night will be a more bruising affair, with 10 challengers expected to attack frontrunner and master provocateur Donald Trump.
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/gop-debate-trump-state/2015/09/16/id/691880/

I'm going to miss this tonight but I'll catch it tomorrow. I think it might be one of the more interesting debates we've seen in several presidential elections. I look for it to be great entertainment. I just hope Trump doesn't resort to name calling or calling someone else ugly. While I like his straight forward talk the personal insults are getting old.

Thoughts?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
All right, who is going to win this damn nomination?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've been so busy today I haven't had time to watch the debate yet. I might change my mind later after I watch the debate but right now my prediction is it will be Trump vs Sanders.

My son watched it and he said at first it gave him a good laugh but by the end it was getting boring. He said Cruz says he's going to shut the government down again and Walker agreed with that move. If I remember correctly all over planned parenthood, if that is wrong please say something. I hope those two don't last much longer.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Has anyone watched this. I finally did that remark Fironina made about the aborted baby laying on a table still alive was a lie. She must have pulled it out of her butt. People cheered and clapped for a lie.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Now they are claiming she won the debate. I don't see why.

Here is why I say the remark about the baby was a lie. Not that all of them didn't stretch the truth or tell a lie. Ha ha and we are suppose to trust politicians.

Carly Fiorina spoke out against Planned Parenthood regarding the controversial videos released over the last few months. The scene she described, though, does not exist in any of the videos.

Fiorina: I dare Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama to watch these tapes. Watch a fully formed fetus on the table, its heart beating, its legs kicking while someone says we have to keep it alive to harvest its brain.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...fact-check-second-republican-debate/32517889/

I think she was going after shock effect to boost her poll numbers. Pretty bad someone using a aborted baby story that wasn't true to do this.

Sim

Registered Member
I've not seen the debates ... isn't it standard that the more outlandish candidates have a strong time half a year before the primaries take place, but in the end, less shrill candidates prevail?

So maybe Trump and Sanders are strong now, give a good show and make good ratings, but in the end, their shrillness has become old and the voters look for someone serious February comes.

At any rate, I don't think Sanders or especially Trump would be good candidates. Trump ... this guy doesn't even pretend he cares about the country, or the world, or other people, but for nothing except himself and his ego. And Sanders... well, I don't think he'd stand a chance in the general election because Americans hate it when they can actually afford healthcare.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think Sanders stands a good chance. If Biden enters I don't think he will get enough support because people will feel like Obama all over again and a lot of people don't trust Hillary.

With Trump I think people would still get health care. He has said he would like to see Obama care replaced with something better and he likes the Scottish healthcare system.

Problem is candidates say all kinds of things to get elected. Both sides.

I think people are supporting candidates like Trump and Carson right now because they are sick of business as usual. Now some republicans are talking about shutting down the government again just to defund Planned Parenthood.

Reactions: Sim