• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Will the NFL lose its popularity?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Stole this thread idea from PTS. Football is the most popular sport in America right now, will it lose its popularity due to this black cloud or do fans enjoy entertainment over morality?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think the ratings have been hurt so far. I think it will hurt with corporate sponsorships and advertising, which is probably worse.

VJ_Sportsgeek

Hard to say. All the fans want are games being played. So unless players attempt to go on strike to fix the NFL's problems, cant see popularity going down.

Don't think it's gonna happen. If MLB survived the strike in 1994 and the recent steroid scandal, the NFL can survive the domestic abuse crisis they're in right now. The only way it can be meaningfully hurt is by corporate sponsors pulling away from the NFL. That hurts much more than a fan deciding to turn off his TV on Sunday afternoon and do something else.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
It could, I mean if these players keep doing what they're doing the casual fans may turn off as time rolls on