• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Will the Canucks contend next season?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They're coming off an awful season. They cleaned house and signed one of the best goalies in the league.

Do you see the Canucks turning fortunes around quickly and become a contender once again?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I dunno they did just trade Ryan Kesler. Ryan Miller is an awesome goalie but at a higher age how much does he have left in the tank?

Contenders? I don't think so. But it won't be hard to have a better season than the last. They can fight for a playoff spot but contenders, nope.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
First, I was going to say no. Then, I remembered they have Ryan Miller. The Canucks, even in the shambles they are in, are a better team that Buffalo over the last few years. There's a chance, a slim chance, that the Canucks could play at and near the last Wild Card spot. Maybe 6-8pts out at seasons end if they don't improve on the team during the season. I don't expect them to be cellar dwellers. I am also expecting big strides in Edmonton and Calgary. In Edmonton's case, finished 10th in the division would be a massive improvement.