will people still love the dunk competition as the way it was a few years ago??

Discussion in 'NBA' started by RajaB, Jul 14, 2006.

1. RajaB

RajaB Guest

i personally think the dunk competition is getting worse. now its just repeats of dunks that players did before. i think every1 dat was in the dunk competition showed everything. no1 can really make a new dunk up. but hey...u never know.. like the one andre did last year was really different and know one did in dunk history.

2. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

its worst and guys dont wanna do it b/c it is fixed just look at last year, everyone knew andre won except the phony judges

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think that the dunk competetion will be very sweet I think a lot of the new players that will come in the NBA have a lot of athelism, and I don't think the dunk competetion was fix last year, both of them put on a great show, and the dunks that Nate did for is size was amazing.

4. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Yea the Contest wasn't a fix. It was just the fact that Nate was able to do those things a at his size.
    If Andre does a windmill and Nate does a windmill Nate gets more points because of his hieght. But I think its kinda like a handi-cap against other dunkers. But ta answer the questions the dunk contest will never really get boring their are so many dunks that havn't been done in the SDC "double windmills", "720s" ,Cartwheels and/or flips(yea Michael Finley tried but he missed).

5. RajaB

RajaB Guest

i dont think the dunk comp should be about if someone is shorter they have a better chance to win. like nate. the dunks andre did was obviously better but since nate is so short he got it.

6. Xero.Shab

Xero.Shab Guest

Last years dunk contest was sick. Andre's off the backboard dunk was amazing.

7. onez88888888

onez88888888 Guest

I kinda liked the the way they did it in 2002, with the wheel, where they had to make he dunks others already did in the past, but I think I'm the only one. I just like to compare. But it was also a bit unfair. Steve Francis had to make the statue of liberty dunk, but he can't palm the ball and J-Rich had to do a dunk from the freethrow line, but he is a two-legged jumper, so it was hard for both of them. They both didn't do it as well as the dunkers from the past. On the other hand, I liked the onehanded Dominique-dunk by J-Rich.

I think , after the Iggy-Dunk, other dunkers are going to try to dunk the ball rom the back of the backboard. Maybe with a 180, a between-the-legs or a behind-the-back, but I'd like to see a totally new dunk. No 360, no 180, no windmills, etc, but something totally new. Maybe a flip and than the dunk. Not like Magette did it (he flipped, touched the gound, runned towards the ball and dunked it), but without touching the ground after the flip, just flip and dunk. So not: flip -> touch the ground -> run towards the ball -> jump and dunk, but: flip -> dunk

8. Godfather

Godfather Guest

Re: will people still love the dunk competition as the way it was a few years ag

Last was not fix, but you got to admit, AI2 got robbed................

Well, the NBA, alteast, haven't seen the 360 between the legs, 720, and those freethrow windmills and between the legs yet. So there is a long way to go.

9. RajaB

RajaB Guest

i dont think no1 will do a threw the legs from the free throw line or a windmill from there to

10. Godfather

Godfather Guest

Re: will people still love the dunk competition as the way it was a few years ag

Well, James White is in the league now. Freaks of nature. dude already done it. Unless he think of something even more freaky, he might just settle for that two dunk in the final.