• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Will knockout be nationally televised

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A Texas man has been charged with a federal hate crime after he assaulted an elderly black man in an attack motivated by the “knockout game.”

Racist attacks elderly black man to see whether his ‘knockout’ would be ‘nationally televised’ | The Raw Story
This mans biggest motive to do this was to see if it would be nationally televised. Well it was and now he will have to pay the consequence, he is being charged with a hate crime.

I have to wonder how many of these types of crimes are committed because of someone wanting their 15 minutes of fame?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Seems to me when black teens target whites it's not racially motivated but when a white targets a black it's hate crimes are charged (I hate the idea of hate crimes but I digress). Just seems to me there is an obvious double standard.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
In my humble opinion it should not be televised, if it is it will only add fuel to fire of what is already a very sensitive issue. If he is guilty of anything other than simply beating on an elderly person keep it in the court room where it belongs, I see no reason to do this.

A - You are giving publicity to someone who does not deserve it
B - You will likely cause more problems than are already there