Will Kidd get traded?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by shookem, Jan 17, 2007.

1. shookem

shookem Guest

Ken Berger
    NBA Even Kidd can be had

January 17, 2007

Jason Kidd enduring the embarrassment of an ugly divorce from his pinup wife is big news. Kidd getting traded in the middle of what arguably is the best season of his career at age 33? That would be bigger.

Watching Kidd play point guard for these past six seasons, even though it's been in New Jersey, has been like watching Babe Ruth play baseball, we soon will understand. Unfortunately, there is a real chance that Kidd will wind up in another city - not just a borough - before that realization has a chance to take hold.

Nets president Rod Thorn wouldn't comment yesterday on a report that the Nets recently tossed Kidd's name into their evolving trade discussions.

"Any conversation I've had about a player is a confidential conversation," Thorn said. "That's how I look at it. Obviously, there are some people who don't look that way at conversations like that."

Although the Nets have won six of eight after fighting through a woeful start while beset by injuries, Thorn hasn't stopped picking up his phone with the trade deadline a little more than a month away.

"Jason's been in the league a long time," Thorn said. "And he knows that sometimes what's written has a basis in truth and sometimes it's mere speculation."

But when the Chicago Tribune reported Sunday that a general manager who called the Nets to inquire about Vince Carter instead was asked about his interest in Kidd, it smelled a lot more like truth than speculation.

Thorn is too smart to be fooled by a little success, and he can see that winning the division with his current roster would be little more than a booby prize, with a first-round playoff exit.
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/print...35jan17,0,3654086.column?coll=ny-sports-print

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

We've seen big names traded in the past like Shaquille O'neal and Chris Webber for example, Jason Kidd might be the next big name to be added to the list. Jason Kidd is having is best year so far, but he's definitly getting up there in age. So if Rob Thorn can pull off some strings and get one or two really good players out of this deal it can be great for the Nets franchise. Because let's not forget they do have Marcus Williams on this team which I think he can be a really good point guard in this league.

3. Scooter

Scooter No Longer Pays the Bills

Wow, that would be amazing.

Any word on what team might sniff around about him?

Is the story appearing in the Tribune a hint of where he might wind up?