• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Will GSP come back

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
We all know GSP is taking some time off to resolve personal issues. You guys believe he'll ever come back to the octagon or is he officially done?

BJBirdy

Registered Member
For me, I'm 85% sure he'll be back at some point. I'm not sure if I'd say that I'd be shocked if he was done for good, but I think that he's a competitor who wants a challenge and will return to fighting at some point.

But if he doesn't have a fight scheduled by 2016, then I think he's done for good :lol:

StroShow

V.I.P.
There is nothing more left for gsp. He has accomplished everything he needed to. To me it would be awesome if he did come back because he is my favorite fighter but it is also unecessary for him to do so (I know I sort of contradicted myself there). He left the ufc with a GOAT discussion to his name and there is nothing really more for him to prove. I hope it doesn't happen to him but I would hate to see him chuck Liddell himself into retirement. I'm confident he will make the decision that is best for him and if he does decide to come back I wish him the best of luck.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
There is nothing more left for gsp. He has accomplished everything he needed to. To me it would be awesome if he did come back because he is my favorite fighter but it is also unecessary for him to do so (I know I sort of contradicted myself there). He left the ufc with a GOAT discussion to his name and there is nothing really more for him to prove. I hope it doesn't happen to him but I would hate to see him chuck Liddell himself into retirement. I'm confident he will make the decision that is best for him and if he does decide to come back I wish him the best of luck.
Speaking of Liddell, it's just sad how he is now, he took way too many hits and hung around too long, I too hope GSP doesn't go that route

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
I definitely don't see him going out the way Liddell did.

I see him coming back. He has some unfinished business to settle with Johny Hendricks.

StroShow

V.I.P.
According to Sportsnet360 Sports Ticker, George St Pierre tore his ACL during training and will require need surgery. Last time happened it took him a full year to recover.

Sabby

He's still is his prime and is the best in his division. I can see him taking 2 years off and coming back to fight Hendricks and maybe one more match and calling it quits. He's made his monye, no need to subject himself to getting beat up over and over again for the sake of the fans.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
I still say a one off match might not be a bad thing but only if he wants to. Personally even though he's in his prime if he's gone too long he runs the risk of letting a big pay day pass him buy.