• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Will Ferrell Heading to "The Office"

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet. Will Ferrell will be joining "The Office" for 4 episodes later on in this season. He will star with Steve Carell for 3 episodes and then go on to do 1 more without Carell in an effort to help the show transition "Michael Scott" out of Dunder Mifflin. Steve Carell will leave during one of the final 4 episodes of the season.

Will Ferrell hired as NBC's 'Office' temp | Inside TV | EW.com

What are your thoughts on seeing Will Ferrell as a guest star in The Office? I'm looking forward to this. Will Ferrell supposedly went to NBC with the idea and they were all over it. I was not looking forward to seeing Steve Carell leave but this will at least give me something to look forward to. I think those episodes will be pretty hilarious. I also think Will Ferrell's presence will help transition Steve Carell out. It will mix things up a bit while retaining viewers, which is exactly what the show needs during such a big character loss.

Konshentz

Konshentz
This could be very funny... but will it really help save the show? Who knows. I've always liked Ferrell, just not sure if he'd work for this show or not. I guess we'll have to wait & see.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm a huge Will Ferrell fan...putting him together with Steve Carrell is going to probably have tears rolling down my face! Can't wait.

I had heard that Will had called Steve to ask if he could help with his send-off or make an appearance for that or something, and they ended up giving him four episodes lol.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not a fan of The Office by any means, but I think Will Ferrell will excel in a show like this. This is his type of humor and I'm sure he'll be so funny in it. Even though I don't like The Office, I'll probably watch these just to see how he does, and if he can get me to like it.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I love the office and was not looking forward to seeing Carell go, this is good news to me. I'm looking forward to seeing Farell there.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I love Will. I think it'll make the show so much funnier. It was getting a little stale, imo.