• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Will Dwight Howard hurt or help the Rockets?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I have no problem admitting my hatred for Dwight Howard, but I'll try to be civilized in this thread. We all know about all the baggage that come with Dwight, but there's no denying his Basketball talents. Morey did everything he could to clear cap space to sign Howard. Will he be able to help them win a championship or will he get another coach fired with an underachieving Rockets team?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He's an upgrade over what they had, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he makes them a title contender. There are at least 5 teams (and maybe more) in the Western Conference that are still better, at least on paper.

Joshua Howe

They aren't exactly a title contender. But they are a contender for the Western Conference title. Dwight will get a fresh slate in Houston which means he will play better. He didn't want to play in L.A. and it showed in his body language. Kobe was the man there and Kobe was too hard on him. We'll see how it shapes out in Houston, but Harden isn't exactly the same way.

Dwight has a chance to be "The Man" in Houston again while he partners up with Harden to make a serious run. Those two are the sure factors. But what about the others? Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons, Patrick Beverley and the gang? I'm not sure they're up to snuff completely yet. They'll need to add some more pieces.

Dwight and Harden are the least of my worries in Houston. But he will help the Rockets, for sure.

BlueJaysGuru

I think he will help the Rockets. Howard is the best centre in the NBA, ONLY if he wants to play there. He has attitude and has behaviour problems, there is no question about that. But if he buys into the system and plays where HE WANTS TO PLAY, he is the best!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Looks like McHale wants Howard to play the four, while Asik plays the five. That would be a huge front court there, especially when you add Chandler to the mix. I wonder if Howard would fit playing the four spot. He's played his whole career at center, but he's definitely quick enough to keep up with them. The only thing is a lot of fours today love to take the 18 footers, will Howard go out there and try to defend that? Not so sure.