will ben win the dpoy again for the 4th straight time?

R

RajaB

he has a great chance of winning again but this year i think bruce bowens is going to win it

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally think it's going to be between two players Ben Wallace and Marcus Camby, I think if Camby remains healthy he will win it, he had a great chance last season but injuries ruined is chances. Yes Bowen is a great defensive player, but not good enough to win it. I also think he's really dirty.

Honorable mentions

-AK47
-Ron Artest

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Not sure if he will win it again. Bruce Bowen has been doing a great job for the Spurs and like VC said Camby has always been a great defensively. But I think Ron Artest will win DPOY now that he has completely adjusted to the Kings style of play.

R

RajaB

Vince Carter said:
I personally think it's going to be between two players Ben Wallace and Marcus Camby, I think if Camby remains healthy he will win it, he had a great chance last season but injuries ruined is chances. Yes Bowen is a great defensive player, but not good enough to win it. I also think he's really dirty.

Honorable mentions

-AK47
-Ron Artest
true. bowen is very dirty like how he injured carter 2 times the same way.
ron artest is pretty dirty to u no

G

Gustavo

Shawn Marion and Gerald Wallace should get some votes too.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am not sure if Shawn Marion should get some votes. Just because he can rebound the ball easily and get you a few steals doesn't make you a good defender. Don't get me wrong I am not saying he's bad but he's not considered an elite defender. But on the other hand Gerald Wallace is going to be an elite defender in this league. I don't think that Artest is a dirty defender he's just hard nose.

G

Gustavo

Vince Carter said:
I am not sure if Shawn Marion should get some votes. Just because he can rebound the ball easily and get you a few steals doesn't make you a good defender. Don't get me wrong I am not saying he's bad but he's not considered an elite defender. But on the other hand Gerald Wallace is going to be an elite defender in this league. I don't think that Artest is a dirty defender he's just hard nose.
Not only - like you mentioned- he rebounds, steals, but he blocks shots. He has also good fundimentals of defence. He gets the stops needed, and his footwork is good. However, he is not one of the elite yes.

I agree, Artest is not a dirty defender, but Bruce Bowen is.

M

mattdavies_03

I hope Gerald Wallace gets noticed for his defense this year, unlike in the past. I think if Camby and AK47 stay healthy one of them could challenge Ben for the title. Also if Ron Ron stays out of trouble he can be in with a chance