will ben win the dpoy again for the 4th straight time?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by RajaB, Jul 13, 2006.

1. RajaB

RajaB Guest

he has a great chance of winning again but this year i think bruce bowens is going to win it

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I personally think it's going to be between two players Ben Wallace and Marcus Camby, I think if Camby remains healthy he will win it, he had a great chance last season but injuries ruined is chances. Yes Bowen is a great defensive player, but not good enough to win it. I also think he's really dirty.

Honorable mentions

-AK47
    -Ron Artest

3. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Not sure if he will win it again. Bruce Bowen has been doing a great job for the Spurs and like VC said Camby has always been a great defensively. But I think Ron Artest will win DPOY now that he has completely adjusted to the Kings style of play.

4. RajaB

RajaB Guest

true. bowen is very dirty like how he injured carter 2 times the same way.
    ron artest is pretty dirty to u no

5. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

^^^Yea I would say Ron Artest has dirty habits but that doesn't mean he not a great defensive player.^^^

6. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

Shawn Marion and Gerald Wallace should get some votes too.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am not sure if Shawn Marion should get some votes. Just because he can rebound the ball easily and get you a few steals doesn't make you a good defender. Don't get me wrong I am not saying he's bad but he's not considered an elite defender. But on the other hand Gerald Wallace is going to be an elite defender in this league. I don't think that Artest is a dirty defender he's just hard nose.

8. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

Not only - like you mentioned- he rebounds, steals, but he blocks shots. He has also good fundimentals of defence. He gets the stops needed, and his footwork is good. However, he is not one of the elite yes.

I agree, Artest is not a dirty defender, but Bruce Bowen is.

9. I hope Gerald Wallace gets noticed for his defense this year, unlike in the past. I think if Camby and AK47 stay healthy one of them could challenge Ben for the title. Also if Ron Ron stays out of trouble he can be in with a chance