Will an all out gun ban ever happen in America?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by pro2A, Apr 20, 2007.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I doubt they will be able to lock up 80+ million American gun owners. I think if there was a nation wide ban or confiscation there would be a rebellion and riots nationwide. Police and military would be dying at the hands of law abiding citizens shooting back. And I’m sure 95% cops and soldiers would know is not right to take the guns. You’d get some rouge Generals who would lock down and fortify their bases and join the rebellion since I’m sure most are pro-gun. I think it would be very difficult to take away and destroy 250+ million guns. Most people would shoot back at the police or die trying. People would want to defend themselves against police with no search warrants and their unlawful attempts to take weapons. This could be a scenario on what might happen if there was a gun ban. Any counter thoughts, or other ideas?

2. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

No, there's no way.
    There are enough people who are pro-gun or at least pro constitution to prevent that from happening.

3. pro2A

Ok assuming it did happen how do you think people would respond?

4. Duke1985

Oh outrage for sure, alot of people, including myself, would probably cache our guns. (I don't own any but if serious talk of an all out ban was coming up I'd buy every gun legal and illegal from here to timbucktwo).
    I'd protest everyday until I'm grey about how politicians wipe their asses with the constitution in order to get the "I wanna feel safe" vote.

I'm not for every single gun being legalized, no one really needs a fully automatic weapon for any purpose, but I definatly like my right to bear arms.

5. pro2A

:laugh: :laugh:

6. pikatore

pikatore Registered Member

If it was an instant gun ban, of course there will be problems. It would need to be implemented slowly and diplomatically.

7. Duke1985

I'm taking that as approval.

8. CamelPepper

CamelPepper Registered Member

There's no way the government would ever pass that law - and if they did, much like prohibition, it would be repealed once they come to the conclusion that there is no way to regulate or enforce the law.

9. Abraxas

Abraxas Guest

Precisely. I don't like guns... but banning them is the wrong solution, not to mention unconstitutional.

10. CamelPepper

CamelPepper Registered Member

However, I think Cheney's 2nd amendment right should be repealed.