Xbox 360 Will a Q2 06 Release happen? I doubt it!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mirage, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/index.html

GameSpot is showing a Q2 2006 release date for Halo 3 on the 360. I have to say I doubt this.. I think Bungie would be hard pressed to get it out by 2007 at the rate they finish games..

And after playing Halo 2 I think the longer they take on this one the better. Take your time people.. nobody wants to pay $50 for a cheap flash version of Halo...

2. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

Same here. There's no way they're getting it released that soon. Me, personally, am thinking sometime around the holidays. And that's if they're fast. If they're slower, probably 2007. Funny how this comes up on the first day of 2006.

3. Pianobone

Pianobone Registered Member

They can take their time. The 360 supports Halo 1 and 2 already, and you can even play Halo 2 on LIVE on the 360 against people on the original machine. Halo 2 is still going strong on LIVE, so there should be no pressure for MS to "hurry up" the process for H3.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't think they'd hurry Halo 3 just so it can replace Halo 2. They want it to be done in time to coincide with the PS3 launch, but I don't see that happening.

5. Birdhouse

Birdhouse Registered Member

Bungie going to get so much money on the Halo3, probably everyone that have 360 willl get that game.:nod:

6. ltk9492

ltk9492 Registered Member

i say no they wont... were almost done with q1. there is no way about it.
    on gamespot they think sometime by the end of this year, maybe next year.
    i still dont own a 360, but im gonna buy it when the ps3 comes out, so maybe microsoft will lower the price at that time.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

My bet is for the end of the year, because that's when it's looking to have PS3 relaesed.