• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Wilfred?

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
Anyone see this show? It's a 'dark comedy' on FX that's adapted from an Australian show of the same name. Elijah "Frodo" Wood plays a depressed man who has essentially given up on life until his new neighbor asks him to look after her dog, who appears to him as an Australian man in a dog suit (the exwecutive producer describes him as "part Labrador Retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender")

Needless to say, the show is probably one of the most absurd things on TV, but it is still pretty damn funny. The first episode did a pretty good job laying out the characters in my opinion. I am definitely going to keep an eye on this show.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
So the second episode of Wilfred aired tonight and I thought it was incredibly good. They managed to flesh out the relationship between Ryan and Wilfred pretty nicely. It still is damn absurd, but I think it is still hilarious. Definitely hoping that it sticks around.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I watched the pilot. It was definitely odd. But I also thought it was pretty funny. I'll stick around for a while.