• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii Wii worth buying?

myGUNgoesPewPew

Registered Member
I have enough money to get a Wii and a few games.....is it worth buying? if so what games?

CBNJ

Registered Member
No. Well, idk. I got it when it first came out and was so excited to get it that I waited out in the cold for like 4 hours to get it. Wii Sports is a blast for like a week, then I was excited to get Super Smash Bros Brawl. It's fun, but it gets kinda old. Go play it at a friends house if you never played it. IMO I'd get a 360 over it.

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
I like it, but I'm not your avergae video gamer. I think all the FPS and thousands of run around shoot them up and kill them games on all the other consoles are dumb, repetitive and boring. The Wii and the games on it are much more to my liking.

dDave

V.I.P.
The Wii is definitely worth buying, i have one and I'm not disappointed yet, teh Virtual console is the greatest.

Here are what games I would recommend to you.

The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy

All 3 are excellent games.

Also look into the virtual console, I have all 3 super mario bros games, all 3 donkey kong country games and the legend of zelda a link to the past.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I have a 360, and am hoping to get a Wii at some point. It offers a different kind of experience...it's a lot of fun from what I've done so far with it.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I don't have one but I do want to pick one up when the price drops a bit more. From what I have played on my friends Wii it's pretty cool and it has a bunch of good games, and the virtual console is the best part.

I don't care for the PS3 or the X-Box 360 but that's just me..Right now I ma happy with my DS and plan on getting more games for it.

But all in all it's a blast to play, especially in a group..Wii party's are a blast.

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't care for the PS3 or the X-Box 360 but that's just me..Right now I ma happy with my DS and plan on getting more games for it.
There's my opinion summed up perfectly.

DS and Wii are the best!

Also i forgot to say to get Mario Kart Wii but that shoudl be a last resort compared to other games that I mentioned earlier.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
IMO as a 360 owner and a person who played the wii I would have to say it depends.

Personally I can't stand the Wii controller at all. I am not a big fan of the interactive gaming...However I do enjoy supersmash Brawl on the gamecube controllers on the Wii.

I would say get the Wii if you have people over your place to constantly play with. I find it more of a "party" console and it is fun like that. But as for just getting it for individual play I would say you would be wasting your money.