• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii vs. 360 vs. PS3

Which console is your favorite?

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
Well now that we've all had plenty of time to get in touch with these 3 consoles which one do you like the most?

I think that they all have their perks. PS3 obviously has the best graphics, 360 clearly has the best controller, and I think Wii has the most original (and in my opinion the best) games.

I tried the PS3 last week for the first time, I played GT 5 and it was an incredible game, it's also unbelievable just how great the graphics are, I guess I should have expected that from Blu-Ray discs though.

I've had a 360 for some time now and I'm not all that impressed with it, I mean it's powerful and some of the games are fun but they're all mainstream and feel like the same FPS no matter which one you're playing, inevitably that gets boring.

I've had a Wii for about 2 years now and the games never cease to supply tons of entertainment. I find that Nintendo makes the best games for me, I don't really enjoy most shooters and Nitnendo doesn't focus on them at all. Nintendo is still the most creative in my opinion and the way they are using Retro Studios to their advantage is great. They've finally managed to revive the Donkey Kong series (at least it looks that way) after 11 years and the Mario, Zelda, and Metroid series are all just as good as ever. I also got a Component cable for it and that caused a drastic improvement in the graphics.

Wii gets my vote.

Which of the 3 current consoles do you like the most?

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
The ps3, for its library, for its first party studios, for its configuration options, for the bluray, for the controller, for the prices, the network, the company policies, the ps1 games, and ps2 HD remakes.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I chose the 360 and I have all three systems so I can make a fair judgement on it. And the only reason why the ps3 lost in my eyes is because of the controller. I like the 360 controller better.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The PS3. I've owned all three and to me, it was far better than the other two. Exclusives, controller, online... all better in my opinion.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Xbox 360! I only "own" that and a Wii. I "borrow" my friends PS3.

I just like the exclusives more. It's hard to judge. I have more time with my 360 than my friends PS3.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
It's a subjective question, but my subjection is towards 360; in my opinion, everything is smoother and more intuitive. PS3 exclusives look fantastic, yes, but they're quite few, and ported games between the two look identical.

I have a Wii here, but I never play it. It's just kind of a novelty, really.

The PS3 was released 4 years ago for a ridiculous price, and it's only now that it's actually beginning to reap a touch of its potential with games like Heavy Rain or Never-Releasmo 5 (I still can't believe Sony charged full-game price for a glorified demo). For me, though, what it really comes down to is that everything for the PS3 is a few dollars more; I don't need a Bluray player, so I don't really see the need to spend the money.

Although, in all fairness, I suspect my opinion of the PS3 has been less-so tarnished by the PS3 itself, which is a fine machine, and more-so by some of the ridiculous PS3 fanboys who can be so over the top at times that they would vulgarly insult your parentage and threaten your very life, just because you elected a minutely differing form of entertainment.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The PS3 was released 4 years ago for a ridiculous price, and it's only now that it's actually beginning to reap a touch of its potential with games like Heavy Rain or Never-Releasmo 5 (I still can't believe Sony charged full-game price for a glorified demo).
You're forgetting Uncharted 2. I should neg you. :lol:

For me, though, what it really comes down to is that everything for the PS3 is a few dollars more; I don't need a Bluray player, so I don't really see the need to spend the money.
What things are more expensive?

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
(facepalm) I thought we discussed this a full year ago that the 120 gig PS3 cost 299 just like the 120 Gig Xbox 360.....

And Ps3 has had Kinnect for years now, it was called the Eye. And it hasn't caught on. Honestly? I see the Kinnect going the same way.

Of course, I pick the PS3 for it bullet proof reliability, extreme versatility, and its superior performance.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
yeah, I'm half tempted to just go to the other 2 threads over the course of the last 3 years and just copy pasta my answers from there.

Point #1: The wii doesnt belong in the same category as the 360 and the PS3. Ask any true gamer and they'll tell you the same. Lack of games, graphics, decent controls, and just about everything else that a Nintentard turns a blind eye to makes the wii nothing more than a friggin game cube with motion controls.

Point #2: Ammortized over the course of roughly 2 years at their initial release, the cost of the PS3 vs the 360 are equal, any more than 2 years and the PS3 is truly less expensive. Updated to 2010.... that time slot may be even less now due to price cuts on both the Live network and the Consoles themselves.

Point #3: Although the PS3 numerically is undeniably a more powerful machine than the 360... there are no available games that truly push that fact to a noticeable manner. So arguing "the PS3 is better graphically!" is like saying a Lamborghini is faster than a Ferrari in a 50mph restrictor plate race. At that rate, neither Device is given the opportunity to be truly pushed to its limits. So how can you actually say one is better than the other?

Point #4: Those who play PS3 will say PS3, those who play 360 will say 360, and obviously dDave is the only one that thinks wii is a worthwhile console :hah:
Thing is, we're groomed to be fanboys of our respective consoles. Its what makes competition successful. I played the PS2 instead of the Xbox... so when the 360 was out... I was more interested in the PS3 because of my current fraternization with the Sony Family.

Finally... If one could ever truly win this debate... it will be solely based on "who has the most fanboys present", nothing more..... nothing less.

Last edited: