• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo Wii Successor Coming in 2012

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I wonder if it will suck as much as the current Wii.
I've heard rumors all over the place that this upcoming console will be more powerful than the 360 and PS3...

Hopefully its true. The hardcore fans would then shut up a bit.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I hate my Wii. I've had nothing but trouble with it since I got it. Some of the games are good but the bloody console is always breaking down. I've pretty much had nothing but trouble with it. It would take A LOT of convincing for me to get this next one since the first one failed for me so much.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I hate my Wii. I've had nothing but trouble with it since I got it. Some of the games are good but the bloody console is always breaking down. I've pretty much had nothing but trouble with it. It would take A LOT of convincing for me to get this next one since the first one failed for me so much.
Well the first we will see of it will be in June at E3. Consider me excited.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
May buy it, depending on finances and whether I get tired of the 360.

I'm more of a Xboxer right now in terms of game interest, but I could use a good platformer I must admit.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I am a PS3 and PC gamer. But I think I would prefer to buy a 360 rather than another Wii.
I have also heard that it may only have the Wii-like controls in a way such as the Playstation Move. That would be a good move on the part of Nintendo.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am intrigued, that's for sure.

I don't mind the Wii but I thought the PS3 was a little more my style.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
New Nintendo console on the way

Project Cafe Confirmed: Nintendo Announces New Console For E3 - G4tv.com

They're going to officially announce a new Nintendo console at E3 this year. It's said to have a similar processor to the 360, but faster.

While Nintendo hasn't revealed any further details on the alleged Wii 2, which is codenamed "Project Cafe," there are a number of reports about the system's specifications, including the word from IGN's sources that the Nintendo project will "out perform the PlayStation 3's NVIDIA 7800GTX-based processor. Like the Xbox 360, the system's CPU will be a custom-built triple-core IBM PowerPC chipset, but the clocking speeds will be faster." Supposedly, the system will support 1080p output with the potential for stereoscopic 3D as well, granting it the additional nickname "Wii HD". Price-wise, Project Cafe is predicted to retail for between $350 and $400.

Read more: Project Cafe Confirmed: Nintendo Announces New Console For E3 - G4tv.com
It looks to me like Nintendo is going to start to appeal to the serious gamers again. This could lead to new, spectacular reboots of some of my favorite franchises in history.

Last edited: