Wii Wii Fit

Nintendo's latest attempt at bringing in the "casual" crowd is coming to the U.S. May 25th. It seems to be doing pretty well in Japan. Anyone here interested in this? I'm curious to try it, but at $90 the price is a bit steep. Although it could be a good excuse to get a bit more exercise in my life.

I'm mostly curious to see how the balance board is going to work out in the long run. The $90 doesn't seem so bad if the board is used in more games down the line.

Spackerchip

Registered Member
It's unlikely that they would use the balance board for other games. But I know what you mean. It would be REALLY cool. I think it's gonna be around £60 in the UK.
Not something I'd buy, but it looks good.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Same. Wii's are fun, but I wouldn't want one. I'd sooner pay for a 360 and get XBOX Live. Unfortunately I'm a bum and am currently completely skint.

Well, except for about £70 which I keep stashed away in my room for emergencies (parties, drinking, etc). :heh:

Spackerchip

Registered Member
Same. Wii's are fun, but I wouldn't want one. I'd sooner pay for a 360 and get XBOX Live. Unfortunately I'm a bum and am currently completely skint.

Well, except for about £70 which I keep stashed away in my room for emergencies (parties, drinking, etc). :heh:

I prefer my 360. I only steal my sisters Wii when I want to play something that isnt really serious.
X-box live is really good though. It's why I bought the console over the PS3 (and because it was cheaper :lol:).

... Anyway, about Wii Fit (the game, not Wii as a console)...

Apparently, you can use it weigh your cat!

Nintendo design boss Shigeru Miyamoto had wanted to include a mode that would allow players to weigh their pets. He wasn't able to include it in the Japanese version, but in the North American version, available May 19th, players will receive a message informing them that if they weigh themselves while holding their pets, then weigh themselves again separately and subtract the two, the difference will tell them how much their pet weighs.
Source: Level Up

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
it sounds pretty awesome but I doubt that they would use the balance board for any other games, can you think of anything that they could possibly use it for?

$90 is a bit steep for me.

It's sort of weird that you can weigh animals with it though, I'd almost rather use a regular scale.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
... Anyway, about Wii Fit (the game, not Wii as a console)...

Apparently, you can use it weigh your cat!
I suppose this'd be pretty handy in Japan, especially in the kitchen. :lol:

Or is that in China..? I forget...

it sounds pretty awesome but I doubt that they would use the balance board for any other games, can you think of anything that they could possibly use it for?
Maybe skate boarding games, or any other games involving balance and/or a board? :cool:

Last edited:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
It makes more sense to go to the gym or hop on a treadmill. I can't see "Wii Fit" being any fun at all (not like working out is always fun) OR doing much to keep you in shape. It's just a gimmick.