Awesome Wicked

Iris

rainbow 11!
So.... This Saturday I'm going to see WICKED! I am SO EXCITED! I can't believe it! Have any of you had the chance to see it? Did you see it on Broadway or when it was touring? It's coming to my city, so unfortunately I won't be seeing the Broadway production despite how much I would love to.

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
I LOVED it when I saw it in San Francisco! It's a great flashy feel-good show with nice music and a pretty cool plot. It's not in my "Top Five" but it's definitely in my "Top Ten" :) Let us know what you think of it!!

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I saw it in a theatre in Chicago. It was pretty awesome. First musical production I had been to and it was a good time.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I am pretty sure I am going to love it. I've read the book and already know a few of the more "Popular" songs! :D

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I saw it twice when it was in Melbourne. A few years ago I was REALLY obsessed with Wicked. But because it was a US show I had no hope that it would ever come to Australia. I downloaded the soundtrack and listened to every song a thousands times, I read all the books about 3 times each, I watched every single video on youtube about it and I even watched full-length bootlegs of some of the shows.

And then they announced it was coming to Australia...

I lost my shit when I heard that, and booked tickets straight away. I saw it twice while it was in Melbourne and it was amazing and mindblowing both times.

Iris

rainbow 11!
But I bet it didn't have Idina Menzel or Kristin Chenoweth. I'm a little wary about that because I'm so used to thinking of Elphaba as having Idina's voice. I shouldn't say that considering I have no idea who is playing in this production and who knows? I might like the other person so much more.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
The production that I watched didn't have Chenowith in it either, and it was still really good. Not sure if Menzel was in the one I saw or not. I'm not really familiar with her so didn't pay attention to the name.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The two I had were Amanda Harrison and Lucy Durack. Idina Menzel IS Elphaba, but of all the videos/performances I've seen of different Elphaba's Amanda Harrison is the next best thing. I've seen videos of at least 30 different Elphabas across the US, Aus, UK, etc, and out of all of them Idina and Amanda were my two standouts. For that I'm really happy that I saw Amanda live at least once. The second time I went I had her understudy who was good, but not quite the same.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I saw Anne Brummel and Tiffany Haas. both of them were PERFECT fits for the role. I even think Tiffany was a better Glinda than Kristin Chenoweth!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I saw Wicked in 2010 (had a thread about it that long time ago) when I was in San Francisco. I didn't even know the entire story then (inorite) and I have only heard a couple of songs that they did in Glee. Even so, I think the performance was great. Like EA, I'd consider it one of the good musicals but probably not in my top 5.