Why would he start ignoring me all of a sudden?

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Bubbles, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I've been friends with this guy for like maybe a good year or so. After he moved to Toronto for work, we'd still keep in touch. Sometimes we'd talk for 13 hours straight on msn. But since last week he's been ignoring me. I'm so confused here. Its been almost two weeks since we've talked. I didn't say anything to offend him, or at least I think I didn't. We've always had a very close friendship, not love just friendship (although I've had a crush on him for a while, but he doesn't know that.) Anyways, what would make him do that? Are we drifting apart or does he just want me to start the conversation first? I can never tell with guys...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2010

2. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you guys have just an online friendship, or you've met during this time?
    Did he ignore you after he met you in person?

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

You said "since last week" then "two weeks". Which is it? Maybe something came up and it's all coincidence. Other than that, have you said or done anything lately that you think may have offended or hurt him? Just do your best to get in contact with him before worrying about what we have to say to you. No need getting worried if it ends up being nothing.

4. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

He used to live here in BC, that's how I met him. He's never done anything like this before.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2010
  5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

So has it been a week or two weeks? Do you only talk to him on aim?

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Maybe he is just busy. I wouldn't read too much in to it. Also, you're just friends so it isn't like he needs to check in with you all the time. That said, maybe he knows you have feelings for him and he might not have them back. When you next see him online just ask him what he's been up to etc. Or if you are worried then drop him a text or an e-mail.

7. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

Hey, guys. I wasn’t quite clear in my original post, its been about 2 weeks overall, where we’ve been talking less and less frequently, but I’m beginning to see it might be because of the stressful nature of his job. I have a tendancy to freak out over little thing. Plus, I’d never tell him that I have a crush on him, because I would never want to ruin what I already have with him – an awesome friendship. He’s such a special guy. But thank you guys so much for all your advice. I really appericate it. It’s just me since I tend to look into little things too much. Thanks again!!