• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Politics Why Trump Gets Away with Anything

Impaired

Registered Member
This is your great leader.

"Me me me me, my numbers, me me me, waaah the press, me me me, best ever, nobody as good ever, me me me"

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Spot on. I even had some good things to say about Obama. He really forced me to grow as a person because I pretty strongly disliked him.

Trump is the best president of my lifetime so those from older generations will have to forgive me for seeming to really like him. I didn’t get to live under Reagan or even HW Bush. I try to keep a balanced approach to the president. He does a lot of things that I love, some things that I hate, and some things I am quite neutral about.
H.W. Bush was horrible for the record. Good guy though.
There's no doubt I'm voting for Trump. I'm a single issue voter basically. I will never vote for anyone that is pro abortion. I was wrong about Trump in 2016 as far as that's concerned
Some days I'm less than thrilled but then I watch the video Impaired posted and I've forgotten a lot of good.
When was the last time you thought about the wall? Did you know it will be completed in 2021? Do you realize the effect it's had? There's been some great promises kept.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
W wasn’t all that great either. I’ll be voting for Trump too, although I’m even less enthused about it than I was in 2016. The Democratic Party has just gotten out of control. It’s being taken over by people who want to tax us more, and enact policies that punish producers.

Besides, all the COVID and rioting stuff should tell you all you need to know. The states and cities that are the biggest messes, have been run by Democrats for decades.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Since everyone seems to be a liar. Is there anyone not a candidate that would have been a good option than the two unfit wanna be presidents?

dDave

V.I.P.
I kind of liked Tulsi Gabbard. I’ve also always been a Rand Paul fan.
I completely agree. Tulsi, though I disagreed with her ideas, seemed legit.

I would love to see a Republican candidate/nominee like Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, Trey Gowdy, or Dan Crenshaw, all real firebrand conservatives. Trump is not a conservative, people should know that upfront. His spending ideology is bad.

I also really liked Ben Carson and Herman Cain as actual candidates. Would have easily voted for either.

I’m hoping to one day see a true conservative on the ballot one day. It’s never happened in my lifetime, would love for the opportunity to vote for someone like that.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I liked Yang because he was just a 100% solutions oriented candidate. I didn't agree with some of his solutions but it was good to see a candidate that outlined 100s of issues and the solution for each. I've never seen that level of detail in a campaign.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Wait, if you want to defend the president, there are lots of ways to go, but intellectual dishonesty and stupidity, that is the president, every day. I don't know why he lies so often or so stupidly. It is as if he is unaware that he is being recorded.

I am ashamed that he is president.
I think many people need to ask themselves what personal qualities are important in a national leader. Obviously honesty (intellectual or otherwise) isn't a priority, or for that matter common sense, and we've heard Trump's "locker room" opinions about the fairer sex. His international policy is simply to annoy as many other countries as he can during his term and subject the country to retaliatory tariffs and the subsequent fallout. Integrity of any kind is not a priority for a leader of a nation, since his tax evasion and charity fraud were known before he took office. Does a leader even need to have charm and personality? Well if you consider Trump's idiotic ramblings and permafrown to be endearing then I reckon you are among a small demographic. What about political experience? Trump had none, and after 4 years in office appears to have learned nothing. So what qualities has Trump exhibited prior to and during his term that would suggest he'd make a great leader? I'd really like to know.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I don’t know how you guys run your countries, but here they aren’t leaders (I know lots of people view them as such, but they aren’t), they are representatives. They represent US, they work for US.

So, as a representative, we had record unemployment, higher wages, 4% growth in GDP, and what I love, sentencing reform, which is good for minorities because there is a disparity in sentencing for minorities.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I don’t know how you guys run your countries, but here they aren’t leaders (I know lots of people view them as such, but they aren’t), they are representatives. They represent US, they work for US.

So, as a representative, we had record unemployment, higher wages, 4% growth in GDP, and what I love, sentencing reform, which is good for minorities because there is a disparity in sentencing for minorities.
Is this as reported by the "Fake media"? :D Unemployment numbers in the US are, as I understand it, based on the number of Americans drawing UI. Deny more people UI and you effectively reduce (on paper) the unemployment rate. And I don't see how starting a trade war with the rest of the planet helped the GDP when many businesses were folding, downsizing, or shifting operations overseas to stay profitable in light of stiff retaliatory tariffs. Also, GDP doesn't benefit from dipping into coffers to compensate the agricultural sector for lost revenue. Mind you there was that huge arms sale to Saudi Arabia worth $110 billion. I don't know about Trump's efforts in the area of sentencing reform, apart from trying to avoid being sentenced himself, but if he did make some positive changes there, then great. Shooting down laws that prohibit the mentally ill from legally purchasing firearms, maybe not so great. I suspect that any growth to the economy since Trump took power would be lingering effects of the prior administrations activities.