• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Why Some Won't Eat Healthy

CubsMascot

Registered Member
Do you think that the answer to this question could be that fruits and vegetables bought fresh are not in season most times and doesn't taste or smell freshmaking it unappealing?

Do you buy fresh fruits and vegetables? If you do are they in season? Do you buy canned fruit and vegetables?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I buy fresh fruits and vegetables year round unless they look like crap then I go for canned. I also buy junk food because I like chocolate and my head would explode if I didn't get my daily dose.

Sian

Registered Member
I have to have my chocolate too. But I found a brand that's sweetened with Stevia instead of sugar and I like it. Except now the Cadbury Mini Eggs are in the stores and that spells trouble with a capital T.

We eat a lot of canned fruit but my husband has a great way with fresh vegetables so We eat a lot of those too.

CubsMascot

Registered Member
I do buy canned vegetables, and fresh fruit. It doesn't have to be in season and I do buy just whatever the store has and what we both like.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
Growing up until the 9th grade I ate fruit if Grampa got it from the fruitstand. My mom and sister had lots of fresh vegetables in the fridge and I made a face and closed the door. I didn't know how to make much except Spaghettio's in the microwave and 4 easy soups on the stove Top Ramen, Cup of Noodles, Chicken and Tomato. I know it's not healthy but no one around the house showed me how to cook.

It was not till the 10th grade that my weightlifting had got more serious. I started taking vitamins and weightlifting powders. I was starting to eat fruit like apples, oranges and bananas. I only ate for fresh vegetables celery and carrots. As for canned fruits I like pears applesauce, and pineapples. Today I also have grapes and will be eating cantaloupe, medium strawberries if good quality and watermelon. I need to add more broccoli and spinach and salad too with romaine lettuce, crouton, tomatos and dressing too. I eat junk food too but we're starting to reduce our salt intake and slowly we're starting to eat healthy chocolate snacks.
It's not a perfect diet but it's better than nothing at all.

Impaired

Registered Member
Not a big fan of canned vegetables. Canned fruit is better, but fresh is way better. These days, you can anything, any season. Growing up, Strawberries were a sign of spring and then they were gone for most of the year.

Sian

Registered Member
It's hard to eat healthy with all the stuff in the stores that look like they taste so good. Too many choices, too much temptation, not enough time to cook healthy foods. I often think the world has progressed too much and we would all be better if most of us lived on small homesteads. Animals might be treated better too than they are on big factory farms. I obviously was born a couple centuries too late!:)

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I purchase both canned as well as fresh veggies, especially corn.

However, I rarely consume fruit...fresh or canned. I just don't like the texture of fruits (although I like fruit juice).