Why shouldn't a man hit a woman?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Interested, May 31, 2010.

1. Interested

Interested Registered Member

Just came across this topic elsewhere. Many men argued that for the whole "equality" fuss, men should be able to treat women "equally" and therefore should be allowed to treat them like men, id est punch them even if the insult was in form of words or actions not directed towards them. They said they could not see the difference between hitting a man and hitting a woman and why is it made such a big deal when a guy hits a girl.

One argued that since guys were taught to not use violence against females because they are weaker, women should be taught "to not provoke" men by getting in their way too much, just like "rabbit kids are taught to not bother snakes". (This, in a way, is my favourite, makes me wanna track the guy... :jihad:)

Many said that there is no difference between hitting a guy and a girl (not all implied hitting anyone was right, of course).

What are your thoughts? Is there any difference between men hitting different genders? Is one more justified than the other? Maybe they are both equally right/wrong? I just asked... I say nothing, I will just be here... :madame:

2. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I generally like to put it this way. If a dog is ignoring you or just barking at you, you ignore it back. It it gives you a simple bite, you push it away and move away from it. If it starts trying to rip your throat out, feel free to resort to whatever means necessary to defend yourself.

3. fractal

fractal Eye see what you did ther

I wouldn't give her any special treatment if she hit me.

4. Sorrel

Sorrel Registered Member

A man should never, ever hit a woman, unless she is being violent herself and he has to do so in self defence. All boys should be taught this code, which isn't there for nothing.

I detest the face-slapping thing some women do, and if I were a man, I would slap her back immediately, not punch though.

I have never slapped a man's face, though I once broke a Greek's nose in London when he and his mates sexually assaulted me on the street in broad daylight. They were just 'having a bit of harmless fun' and grabbed my tits. The fun ended when the blood started spurting.:D

People with violent partners, both men and women, should leave them after the first attack, because there sure as hell will be more to follow.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  5. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

If a woman is bigger and more muscular than me and she's hitting me, I'm going to hit her back.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Ideally, a person shouldn't hit another person. I mean i don't see it fine if women hit men just because they're women. But I also understand why despite all the equality rah rah, it's more shocking (although not less common) for men to hit women. For one thing, the quest for equality is more about status, privileges, opportunities, rights for people regardless of their gender. It doesn't really mean to say that we should ignore basic differences like physical attributes. So when people say men shouldn't hit women it's more the implication that more physically advantaged people shouldn't take on someone who often by default is already the less advantaged one.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
    Tucker likes this.
  7. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I think it depends on the level of violence; if she's giving a slap because she's just simply lost her temper over something (perhaps something he's done wrong) then the man should be the bigger person and walk away, he is man enough to take a little slap after all. But if it's more than that (she grabs a weapon for example) then yeah, he has a right to defend himself.

The flip side is the hazy side; men should know better than to take their frustrations out on a woman; men are bigger and if it does happen...:dunno: it could be a one time thing and perhaps the woman will forgive him, she may even have the balls to hit back the one time and they'll call it even. I think it depends on the couple and the reaction of the woman.

Like i said, it's kind of hazy :-/

8. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Men and women shouldn't hit each other.
    If there is physical abuse involved, each of them has the right to defend their-selves.

What she said...

9. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Despite what womyn like to say, men generally are bigger, stronger and basically advantaged physically in many ways. Just the way things tend to be. I lose my temper and hit a girl, I'll do more damage than if I were hitting another guy. its not neccesarily wrong, but its not a smart idea either.

Also, its natural for guys to wanna protect the women in their lives, not harm them. So hitting them seems and feels wrong because we're going against instinct in a way. Media and the public tends to support that instinct also by displaying patriarchal situations with the man as the protector.

10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Men are naturally stronger and can do a lot more damage than a woman. As it's already been said though, if a woman took a weapon or something then the man is within his right to defend himself.