Why should men be embarrassed?

Hiei

The Hierophant
I was at work the other day (I work as a stock boy at a grocery store) and I had to fill all the feminine hygiene products to the shelf. The usual, tampons, pads, vagisil, the works you know? All the girls that I work with were giggling and asking me if it was bothering me that I had to even touch them.

I wasn't even slightly embarrassed about it. But that got me thinking about how many men are shy about walking near them, buying them, or talking about them. My question is, why? Why should men be even remotely embarrassed about feminine hygiene products? It's not like OUR vagina is bleeding and/or infested with yeast spores!

So, women: Do you expect men to be embarrassed about your panty pillows?

Men: Does feminine hygiene make you uncomfortable? Why or why not?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
"Oh no, not vagina cream. This is so traumatizing."

Give me a break. I'd hope nobody would feel uncomfortable, what's the big deal? It's just like walking down an isle with soap or toothpaste, all products pertaining to personal hygiene.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Most men I have come into contact with...it embarrasses. I don't get it either, honestly.

If I'm bleeding out my vagina and having cramps, the least you can do is make a run to the store for me. Geez.

Also, I don't understand why guys mind holding purses for a chick while she's doing something. If I'm trying on clothes in a dressing room, I don't see the big deal of my guy holding my hand bag while he's waiting for me. My ex husband wouldn't touch my purse, ever.

Arcadoc

Registered Member
Men have always been taught and hence accustomed to referring to women's products in general as "unmentionables". OK. Fine. We don't mention them. Like women's underwear, I don't shop for either. If my wife needs them, she knows what to get and where to get them, and I let her handle that herself.
I treat them like I would any other product for which I have no need. I just pass it by.

Iris

rainbow 11!
My dad absolutely HATES holding my mom's purse and I have seen him hold it once. I took a shitty picture of it....

Anyways, I don't understand about the feminine products either, I think it is retarded.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Anyways, I don't understand about the feminine products either, I think it is retarded.
Well obviously you wouldn't understand it.

:lol:

I think it revolves around this silly idea that our societies still have about genitals being "icky places" to put it simply. Women's genitalia especially have a heavy taboo around them since their biological functions are considered much more "bizarre" and "gross" than male functions. I have no problem holding my girlfriend's purse, it's not like she asked me to wear a strap-on at an elementary school. The only reason I feel awkward sometimes at the feminine hygiene section is because I'm not sure what I'm buying and I'd feel bad to buy the wrong thing.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
My wife doesn't ask me to buy her personal hygiene products and she doesn't buy mine. As for holding her purse: I don't ask her to hold my wallet so why should I hold her purse?

Hiei

The Hierophant
That's pretty much how I feel, too. They're clearly not for me, so why should it bother me? Even if I was getting the extra-absorbancy with added fregrance and double wings, it wouldn't bother me. Simply put, it's really not for me.

I don't have a problem with purses, either. But on the same side of that coin, I've rummaged through quite a few womens purses, whether they know it or not. :-/