• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Why isn't the WWE using Gail Kim?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Although if you guys saw Natalya/Beth Phoenix vs. LayCool, you'd have some hope for the division. Add to that a heel turn from Melina earlier this week, and things are looking up. Now Gail Kim just needs to fit into that equation...I'm sure the WWE knows of her talent, and I don't think she's being punished or they're being racist. I think the WWE is just being stupid and forgetting what they already know - that she can be a top Diva.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bubbles might be onto something about Gail's push being delayed because of her TNA run...

Maybe that's WWE saying you shouldn't have done that and they'll eventually push her. It's not a crazy notion.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Bubbles might be onto something about Gail's push being delayed because of her TNA run...

Maybe that's WWE saying you shouldn't have done that and they'll eventually push her. It's not a crazy notion.
Except for the fact that she's been back for close to two years now...that just doesn't add up in the "not using a wrestler for punishment" scenario.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Except for the fact that she's been back for close to two years now...that just doesn't add up in the "not using a wrestler for punishment" scenario.
Maybe her punishment was going to be two years?

There's no time limit on these types of things IMO.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Maybe her punishment was going to be two years?

There's no time limit on these types of things IMO.
Well I'm thinking of the WWE. Not that she has some giant contract, but they'd literally be paying her to take up space. The Bellas serve a purpose in their lack of wrestling spotlights by being in backstage segments. Gail is in one here and there, but otherwise it's like they're paying her for nothing. I doubt Vince would do that, rich or not.

Tyspenhop

While I do agree with you that the WWE is fucking stupid when it comes to handling their female talent, I don't believe that they're racist; well a lot of former WWE employees have stated that they are, but I don't think that was the case with Gail Kim. Remember, back in 2003, Gail had a huge push. She won the WWE Women's Championship in her debut match. And she held on to the belt for months. If I had to guess, I'd say that it probably has something to do with her going to TNA. Because lets face it, ever since she made the move back to the WWE, they've been treating her like crap. "Diva" matches are just not worth watching anymore.
I remember Gail Kim winning the title in her first match. You're wrong about how long she held it though. She held the title for four Weeks. She defended it against Molley Holley twice, losing it in the second time. They did it because she was making rookie mistakes in the ring and because crowd reactions to her was low.

I watched her during her last days in TNA and agree that she's very talented. But her botched first push in WWE may be one reason she doesn't get pushed now.

Not to mention management may be trying to downplay some one who really made their name in TNA. Interestly though Micheal Cole has refered to her as a two time world champion on several occasions. This would have to include her TNA title reign. TNA acknowledgeds WWE title reigns, but I don't think WWE usually acknowledges TNA.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I remember Gail Kim winning the title in her first match. You're wrong about how long she held it though. She held the title for four Weeks. She defended it against Molley Holley twice, losing it in the second time. They did it because she was making rookie mistakes in the ring and because crowd reactions to her was low.

I watched her during her last days in TNA and agree that she's very talented. But her botched first push in WWE may be one reason she doesn't get pushed now.

Not to mention management may be trying to downplay some one who really made their name in TNA. Interestly though Micheal Cole has refered to her as a two time world champion on several occasions. This would have to include her TNA title reign. TNA acknowledgeds WWE title reigns, but I don't think WWE usually acknowledges TNA.
Good obeservation, and welcome to the jungle, that would be explain the crappy push that the Christian got. I don't consider the ECW title as anything special. When Christian jumped ship again he became an ECW champion, but when he got moved to Smackdown he got lost in the shuffle kind of like Gail Kim.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Good obeservation, and welcome to the jungle, that would be explain the crappy push that the Christian got. I don't consider the ECW title as anything special. When Christian jumped ship again he became an ECW champion, but when he got moved to Smackdown he got lost in the shuffle kind of like Gail Kim.
I hate to say it, but rightfully so. Christian was rightfully lost in the shuffle. I don't know why people are so behind him.

Don't explain why. I've heard it before.