• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Why isn't Johnny Maestro in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Rapier

V.I.P.
The Crests? The Brooklyn Bridge? He must have offended some people.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Who?

No offense, man, but I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about music and I've never heard of him. So that's one reason - to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, you have to have made a substantial contribution to the music world.

But then there's the whole political aspect of the RRHOF. I mean, Madonna was inducted before Buddy Guy, Albert King, or Kiss, ffs. I'm not saying she wasn't influential, I'm saying there's no reason she should have been inducted before they were. Except that it's political.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Who?

No offense, man, but I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about music and I've never heard of him. So that's one reason - to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, you have to have made a substantial contribution to the music world.

But then there's the whole political aspect of the RRHOF. I mean, Madonna was inducted before Buddy Guy, Albert King, or Kiss, ffs. I'm not saying she wasn't influential, I'm saying there's no reason she should have been inducted before they were. Except that it's political.
This told me everything I needed to know about the RRHOF, it's a joke. Madonna isn't a "rocker" to begin with. They might as well induct Casey and the Sunshine Band.

I've never heard of this person either. His lack of notoriety is probably the reason why he isn't in the RRHOF.

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
I'm sorry but I have to agree with Jeanie and CO..Who in the world is this Johnny Maestro that he needs to be inducted to the RHOF?

I'm maybe one of the oldest members if not the oldest member here at GF and never heard of him. If he ranked up there with the Rolling Stones, Kiss, Zeppelin and so on I would imagine he may be there ..

Here's a link to read who he was... Johnny Maestro & the Brooklyn Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now if you would have said that hewas part of the group that did the famous song 16 Candles when he was in the Crests I would have still nt known him as an individual but as part of the group doing that song.

But still it was not worth putting in the RHOF.

Rapier

V.I.P.
I'm sorry but I have to agree with Jeanie and CO..Who in the world is this Johnny Maestro that he needs to be inducted to the RHOF?

I'm maybe one of the oldest members if not the oldest member here at GF and never heard of him. If he ranked up there with the Rolling Stones, Kiss, Zeppelin and so on I would imagine he may be there ..

Here's a link to read who he was... Johnny Maestro & the Brooklyn Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now if you would have said that hewas part of the group that did the famous song 16 Candles when he was in the Crests I would have still nt known him as an individual but as part of the group doing that song.

But still it was not worth putting in the RHOF.

You never heard of the Brooklyn Bridge?