Why is religion important to you?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is for the people that actually follow a religion.

Simple question for you guys this morning. Why is religion important to you?

Thoughts and explanations?

2. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

Not sure if I would call my beliefs religion or spirituality but it is important to me as a tool. I use it to help me reach my aspirations, feel better about myself, and to better understand and connect with nature and my surroundings. For me personally, I follow my spirituality or religion based on what it can do for me as an individual and what kind of relationship it gives me with my surroundings. I also find when I'm not keeping up with spiritual stuff I become somewhat unbalanced. I have more difficulty focusing on things, am more easily distracted, have more trouble finishing task, don't do things I normally enjoy, and am not as good at having control over my mood.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Some may say that believing there's some sort of higher power isn't reassuring because we can't necessarily see them, but i think it can be reassuring precisely because we can't really see them. It's the feeling you get when you know you can comfort yourself no matter where you are.

4. FutureTrackStar

FutureTrackStar Registered Member

- It's important for the same reason that physics is important: truth, and the discovery of that truth.