• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

'Why I won’t date hot women anymore'

Powerful

Registered Member
http://nypost.com/2017/04/12/why-hot-people-arent-worth-dating/

There's a a lot of interesting stuff I'd love to read about attractiveness and compatibility (and not just from an easy it's-all-about-the money angle), but this sure ain't it.

I will say, when I was young/ fit enough to attract really attractive women's attention, I did not feel comfortable. I felt like I was thrashing in really deep water. Plus, I'm an incredibly boring person personality-wise.I'm sure they could sense that and I had no chance of ever doing much beyond a few dates.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know, I've met good looking people that were friendly, wasn't full of themselves and average people that thought it was all about them. I really don't think you can judge someone by the way they look as to what kind of date they will be. I've seen very good looking people with those not so good looking and they seemed happy. They probably had similar interests that kept them together.

These Hollywood types and models get told how great or good looking they are so much I can see where they might be horrible dates.

Impaired

Registered Member
I'm married and 56 - hot was 35 years ago. I don't consider myself good looking. My wife is gorgeous but that is just icing on a wonderful cake.

edit: hotness is not the problem, it is the shallowness that it causes in some women. Some hot women do not suffer, like my wife for example. Down to Earth girl of mostly German ancestry. Not vain or selfish.

Last edited:

NellyBell

Registered Member
Ha, no, this article isn't it. It's pretty sad, really. This thread is much more interesting!

I don't know, I've met good looking people that were friendly, wasn't full of themselves and average people that thought it was all about them. I really don't think you can judge someone by the way they look as to what kind of date they will be. I've seen very good looking people with those not so good looking and they seemed happy. They probably had similar interests that kept them together.

These Hollywood types and models get told how great or good looking they are so much I can see where they might be horrible dates.
I agree. I've met really nice good-looking people who are grounded and charming. I do think that there is something to be said about people who are really attractive going for someone solely based on an equal or higher attractiveness. Obviously compatibility is way more important than looks. Looks fade - even when you buy them.

It's totally unfair to use Hollywood actresses and models as a sample that engrosses all attractive people. Like you said, they're pampered. They also have problems in relationships a normal person would never have to deal with - like paparazzi/the media or your significant other going off to film a movie with some other mega-hot person for months on end. And, you know, the clashing of those two egos.

I'm married and 56 - hot was 35 years ago. I don't consider myself good looking. My wife is gorgeous but that is just icing on a wonderful cake.

edit: hotness is not the problem, it is the shallowness that it causes in some women. Some hot women do not suffer, like my wife for example. Down to Earth girl of mostly German ancestry. Not vain or selfish.
Yes, I would say vanity is way more of the problem than attractiveness. I think finding your looks your most valuable asset is a problem. It'll lead to vanity and probably looking for all the wrong things in a partner...or finding a partner who only cares about that and that just doesn't scream longevity to me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mirage Parenting 5
Hilander Politics & Law 12