Why I like wakeboarding

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wakeboarding is one of my favorite "boarding" sports because of a few important reasons:

1. It's harder to hurt yourself bad when crashing on water (still possibly of course. I've heard of a guy who broke his sternum.. ow. He was doing a trick called the 911, which most people can't even think about attempting..)
  2. Hot weather! Nuff said! :D (Unless you board in the cold lakes, then more power too you. Hope you have a wet suit!)
  3. I like the fact that you can board with a non-variable speed. Meaning, you tell your buddy on the boat to drive 18 MPH (or however you like it), and that's how fast you go. Unlike snowboarding, skateboarding, longboarding, etc, where the terrain effects your speed.

So, who else wakeboards here? What do you think of it?

Jak_It_Up

Registered Member
wakeboarding's awesome! i love being out on the water and thats also one of my favorite types of boarding sports. although i hardly get to do it because of my buisey schedual. the best place i've done it was in Puerto Rico. the waves their are awesome!:D

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I have been wakeboarding at least 20 times, I have actually managed to get up a few times, (For like 3-4 minutes tops) I remember my brother being insane and being able to land backrolls and stuff. Backrolls are very hard to land.

dmny500

Registered Member
Thats something I've actually been looking to try for a while now. How would you go about doing that? Would I have to buy the equipment or could I rent? If I did decide to buy how much is the equipment? Sorry about all of the questions.

Hi_Im_Tim

I am Heavy Weapons Guy
It's harder to hurt yourself bad when crashing on water
It is harder to break something, (unless you hit a tree in the water) but the crashes to sting a lot more, some of them are very painful(not as bad as some skateboard crashes but worse than most snowboard crashes). One of my brothers ripped one of the bindings off of my board in a crash :sick: He really didn't like that crash.

I find that snowboard crashes typically do not hurt as bad as wakeboard crashes.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
It is harder to break something, (unless you hit a tree in the water) but the crashes to sting a lot more, some of them are very painful(not as bad as some skateboard crashes but worse than most snowboard crashes). One of my brothers ripped one of the bindings off of my board in a crash :sick: He really didn't like that crash.

I find that snowboard crashes typically do not hurt as bad as wakeboard crashes.

you can really hurt yourself while wakeboarding, hwy else would they even sell helmets?

if oyu get going fast enough the water is like hitting cement.

I definitely have found that crashing on a wake board hurts a lot more than crashing on a snow board, on a snow board there is no specific speed range that you have to go in, you can go as slow as you'd like if you aren't very good like me though i can get decent speed.

Wakebaord crashes=pain

I used to be an avid wakeboarder but like everyone thing else I do it failed to capture my attention for long and I was on to something else. I remember it being a whole heap of fun though. There aren't any lakes to wakeboard in here and I'd much prefer not to wakeboard in the ocean around here.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I haven't done this yet, but it's defently on my to do list when I take a holiday up in Serbia. Get cousins and have some fun!