• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Why do you still watch wrestling?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've always thought this to be a fascinating topic. Most of us here are over 25 years-old, and many of us have been asked why we still watch wrestling. How do you answer that question?

For me, I have been watching since I was four years-old. I do not follow the WWE like I used to, but I watch every pay per views. It still entertains me, it still draws me to watch the next week, and the week after, etc. I love some of the storylines, there are a lot of talented wrestlers out there, and I still mark out from time to time. I will watch until I can no longer stand the product. Which personally, do not see happening anytime soon.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
I have been watching it since 1984. I don't watch it every week like I use to which is fine by me. It all depends on storylines. Right now I am drawn to NXT, 205 Live, & SD. most weeks. Raw I havent watched much of last couple months. Before shakeup it was reverse that I watched Raw most weeks & little of SD. Ever since Trips took over 205 Live I either watch it or record it every week. It is old school booking with focus on wrestling. I will watch most PPV's.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
Another reason why I still watch is cause of my nephew who is 15 & yes he gets it. He feels same way as I do on a lot if stuff when it comes to storylines. Helps us bond & he considers me more of a Dad then his own Dad who is a douche

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've been watching since about 1990, or so. Do not remember much from that time, but I was definitely a Hulkamaniac. I know it's my grandfather who got me and my brother into it. We used to go over his house and he was a fan (wish I asked him more about how he got into it, and who were his favourites, and what not) but after that, me and my brother got hooked and we started watching WCW Saturday Night Wrestling on TBS. That is my earliest memory.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
Didn't start watching NWA/WCW till 1989 when it finally came on TV & I was drawn to it cause it was different from WWF. I knew of guys cause of the magazines. Sting was an instant fav. Like Steiners to where Scott was great till he put on a lot of muscles which it wasn't needed as he was built as it is. The Frankenstenier was a beauty. I watched AWA to

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Been watching since 1985 when I was 4 years old. I can't really explain why I started in the first place, other than my uncles were watching it every Sunday morning at my grandparents' house. I just fell in love with it, pure and simple. Watched WWF and Lutte Internationale a lot as a kid then, we later had access to the NWA and I started discovering about Ric Flair and the 4 Horsemen and the Road Warriors. Wrestling periodicals allowed me to discover other territories like AWA and World Class.

Truth be told, I still watch it because when it's well executed, nothing can tell a better story than a wrestling match. Yes, the action is exhilarating but when you can spot nuances and details, it makes things even better. It dawned on me when I listened earlier this week to the Something to Wrestle episode devoted to the Mega-Powers when Bruce Prichard said that they basically wanted to tell a story strecthing on a year, starting at Wrestlemania IV and ending at Wrestlemania V. And as the show went along and they reviewed everything, as Bruce explained why they did this spot at that precise moment, it was the perfect example of a beautiful story told in a wrestling show.

Been watching for over 30 years. It's in my blood. Good, bad, or indifferent, I love the sport of professional wrestling. Yes, I said sport of professional wrestling. I don't like the language of sports entertainment and I never will. But why do I watch? Because I love it. It's like pizza, even when it's not good, it's still pizza. And I will eat it all up. Then. Now. Forever.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I still find it enjoyable...and I don't wanna miss anything awesome. I think it'll take a lot for me to stop watching all together. I don't watch all of Raw these days but still keep up as much as I can and don't miss a PPV.

First memory I have is the end of 1990...first live PPV watched was Mania 7

HabsMike25

Registered Member
I am still a fan but don't feel need to watch it every week. Raw I haven't watched in 2 months. I am more drawn to SD, 205 Live & NXT