• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Why do you post comments/threads?

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I say, "Unconscious whim," and you think... what?

So, let I get this straight. Let's review. Your use of "might" indicates that you don't know why you're posting in the thread called "Why do you post comments/threads?" that you, yourself, created. This would not tend to bolster my original assertion?
You're overthinking it, Professor. It's merely parlor conversation.

Ha.

Actually, I reckon the word might is hardly an indication of reasons behind such posting. To be fair, that is a side issue, those things are like achievements on an Xbox game, nice to do but mostly irrelevant. Nonetheless that would be a reason for posting, a motivation. Along with the other stuff I said. Which may be paltry and ridiculous and pointless, but I guess it's so.

I mean, there are some posts that have to be thought through somewhat. i.e. I gave someone a recipe once in food and drink, I had to consult a close to hand recipe book, but I had to inject my own thoughts on the matter, I couldn't have done that unconsciously.

Whatever, it doesn't really matter does it :S Sorry for wasting everyone's time...

P.S. You seem to have analysed my posts, hardly reckon that was unconscious

Last edited:

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I enjoy posting because it's like sitting down with a cuppa and my friends :)

It makes me feel part of a community and the friends i've made on this place are fantastic as they make me think and question things.

Sometimes I post utter shit and drivel but that's my prerogative! I don't have some psychological need or a desire to be heard I just like talking :D

Also it's nice to know that some days I've made people giggle or be that little bit happier.

<3

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I enjoy posting because it's like sitting down with a cuppa and my friends :)

It makes me feel part of a community and the friends i've made on this place are fantastic as they make me think and question things.

Sometimes I post utter shit and drivel but that's my prerogative! I don't have some psychological need or a desire to be heard I just like talking :D

Also it's nice to know that some days I've made people giggle or be that little bit happier.

<3
I like that sentiment. Particularly the bold bit. Nice one :) *thumbs up*

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Go read the rules and you'll understand.
I have and understand - this post is a general discussion for instance, on why you post stuff.

i.e. I have been debating with Tucker whether it is an unconscious act or not. It's pretty discussive, at least that's the way I look at it.

Most of my crap ends up in the sub-talk thing. Also I am new, so maybe it's that. Either way, it is not the end of the world.

Hence, even the last statement rings true. Crap in sub-talk.

Why do you post what you post?