Why do you hate this team..

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright we all know that Millz hates the Cubs, Echoes hates Michigan Wolverines(NCAAF) Tucker hates the San Francisco Giants ect. But I want to know reasons behind that hatred. Please don't just say their the rivals of my favorite team. I know there's more to it.

Discuss, oh yeah one more thing! This is a no hold barred thread, meaning anything goes(just don't insult the other members)

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
At a very young age it was embedded into my brain by my father not to like any sports team from the state of Pennsylvania or Maryland and as I grew up, it just stuck with me- I have no other excuse than that.

...Though I must admit, Penn State Nittany Lions grew on me but I'll always be a Boston College, Nebraska Cornhuskers and an Alabama Crimson Tide fan when it comes to College football.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Please don't just say their the rivals of my favorite team. I know there's more to it.
Sometimes that's a good enough reason though. I hate Michigan because Ohio State plays them the last game of the regular season every year. I hate Michigan because it's usually the biggest game of the year and there's a conference title, and sometimes a national title, on the line. I hate Michigan because, win or lose, I know my emotions are going to be out of control. I hate Michigan because they've ruined several perfect seasons for Ohio State. I hate Michigan because of their fans.

With professional teams I usually hate them because of certain players, coaches, owners, or just the city they're in. Sometimes I hate teams just because they're good for a long period of time.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I HATE the Red Sox with a passion. Too much pride for such a historic program, I think. They're also cocky, too.

Eagles fans... BOO. Too annoying. That's why I hate the Eagles.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I hate the Rangers and Yankees simply because they are moniker New York teams. And there's just something about those NY teams that boils my blood, maybe its the fans? I despise the brooklyn accent and maybe my hate is rooted in that?

I have this same hate for Philly teams to, absolutely hate the flyers. That started with Eric Lindros, not sure why but man I hated him. Great player but he was just one of those easy to hate on kinda guys.

University of San Jose, we have a fairly big rivalry with them and there not much I'd rather see than the Bulldogs beating them.

I do believe team rivalries are more strongly deep rooted than "just because". I remember I used to hate the Sandy Eggo Gulls when the Falcons were still in town. The gulls and the bakersfield condors were always our biggest opponents so essentially those were the 2 teams we as Falcons fans were trained to hate.

They'd be introduced as "the EVIL San Diego Gulls!"

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hate the Ottawa Senators for many reasons, first off 85% or so of their fans no nothing about hockey. They'll only cheer for them if they're having success, they're bandwagon fans, if their team is having a bad streak they'll cheer for another team, but if they start playing well they'll start cheering for them again.

I think they play boring hockey, and I just can't stand them in general.

It's funny to, since I live in Ottawa.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I despise Dallas with a passion - always have - started out with all the cocky players and coaches and still continues. They all need a good ass whoopen

I also hate the panthers and people telling me that i'm dishonest or have no compassion for teams that i should be rooting for since they are in north carolina. south carolina has no nfl team and you can't placate me with that team

GO EAGLES

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I hate the Yankees and Steelers with a passion. I hate the Yankees because they're a big-market team with no spending limits. I hate the Steelers because they are division rivals and have what I believe to be the worst and douchiest fanbase in the history of football; that list includes the Raiders and Eagles.