• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Why do people post animal cruelty on youtube?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I just watched a video of a man picking a dog up by it's mouth and tail and throwing off the roof of a building that looks to be about 5 stories high.

This is just one of what seems to be more and more youtube videos popping up lately of explicit violence and cruelty against animals.

I just don't understand why. The video I just watched already had over 500 comments and most of them a death threats towards the man who did it. These people are obviously idiots if they could do something like this to an innocent animal, but they have to be pretty freaking stupid to post it online. People can track down anything online.

In fact I'm glad they post it online, it makes it easier for us to track down these bastards and give them what they deserve. But at the same time I hope it isn't encouraging more idiots to do such things, as it seems to be going up in trend to post this horrible stuff on the net.

Has anybody else noticed how many of these horrible videos have been showing up in the last year or so?

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I had no idea that this was happening and it sickens me to hear that it is...I haven't noticed, but then again I don't browse YouTube, I usually just search for the stuff I want.

In this case it's YT's responsibility to prevent this type of thing. I'm surprised I haven't heard Peta or the Humane Society speaking out against it if it's on the kind of scale you say it is, Crouton.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
A certain percentage of people are simply sociopaths, and one of the symptoms of such behavior is animal cruelty. If you're doing it and you have no moral compass, why not post it up online?

It's increasing because more people in general are posting on Youtube.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I remember last year there was a video of a guy drop kicking a dog off of a bridge. If I remember correctly, he was arrested because of that video. It's really quite sad to see. I hate seeing pets abused.

laserlight

Registered Member
I havent seen any but i hope they get arrested and maybe somebody should toss him off a building! My brother said he saw a video about a girl that put a cat in an oven. those peeps are real *******s!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
In this case it's YT's responsibility to prevent this type of thing. I'm surprised I haven't heard Peta or the Humane Society speaking out against it if it's on the kind of scale you say it is, Crouton.
It has been happening for a while and it's very upsetting and disturbing. This dog being thrown off a roof is just the latest. There was a girl who threw about 7 live puppies into a river. And a guy who drove around down a highway with his pet parrot sitting on the windshield wipers, even turning the wipers on a couple of times. And that's only a couple of them.

Also Peta are too busy posing naked in streets and pouring fake blood on people to actually take any real action towards any of this.

Kazmarov said:
It's increasing because more people in general are posting on Youtube.
This could be true, the amount of views and attention each one gets (even though is is all bad attention, usually lots of death threats to the abuser) can't be good either. I mean it's negative but these idiots probably just find it funny.

It almost scares me how much rage and hatred these videos make me feel. While I watched the man throw the dog off the roof I felt that if I was there I would have picked up any heavy object I could and bashed his skull in. If he died of a head injury on the spot I wouldn't have cared in the slightest.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It almost scares me how much rage and hatred these videos make me feel. While I watched the man throw the dog off the roof I felt that if I was there I would have picked up any heavy object I could and bashed his skull in. If he died of a head injury on the spot I wouldn't have cared in the slightest.
You need to just avoid these, maybe email YouTube a complaint. There's no chance in hell I'd be able to watch any of what you've mentioned, I can't imagine it.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
You need to just avoid these, maybe email YouTube a complaint. There's no chance in hell I'd be able to watch any of what you've mentioned, I can't imagine it.
I watch everything and always have. I hate it, and it usually leaves me physically shaking in rage but I need to know what's happening out there. If no one ever watched any of the animal cruelty stuff that goes on in the world then nothing would ever be done about it. The reason I am vegetarian is because of how much stuff I have watched in the past. I have watched more than I would care to admit of the worst type of abuse in the world. One day I am going to take proper action, and I know exactly the places to start.

Starfire86

Registered Member
I can't even watch those videos. They make me sick, and angry.

Ivan

Registered Member
They do that because they are sick bastards. I feel rage when I see something like that, and I also can't believe that someone can be so cruel and unfeeling toward that cute and helpless creatures... I'm sad and angry in the same time when I see something like that :(