• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Why do people hate Family Guy so much?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
People falling down! Pop-culture reference! Isn't Peter wacky? Look, Quagmire is sexual! Stewie's gay! lolololol
You know, it is entirely possible that those things will always make people laugh. Just saying. I think people get real high-brow and arrogant when dissing Family Guy, like they're above its humor and I have to tell you, it's annoying.

Funk

Registered Member
Well, you started a thread and asked everyone's opinion. Sorry if not finding endless cutaway gags about poop makes me high-brow.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well nobody is going to like every television show, movie, band etc. The people who dont like Family Guy are either old or dont understand that type of comedy.

I dont like every single episode they ever made but I dont hate them either. Really, I dont know why people dont like it because I love it.

To each their own I guess.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Well, you started a thread and asked everyone's opinion. Sorry if not finding endless cutaway gags about poop makes me high-brow.
I never said I was talking about you, I was making that comment as a general statement, not a specific one.

Also, just thought I'd add, I haven't seen a poop joke in the last 18 episodes I've watched.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never said I was talking about you, I was making that comment as a general statement, not a specific one.

Also, just thought I'd add, I haven't seen a poop joke in the last 18 episodes I've watched.
And I haven't either...

It's just something cool to make up and say in order to get a point across I guess.

It's a common misconception that every joke in Family Guy isn't on topic and is crude and a poop joke. Most of the time that's not the case.

Last edited:

LittleGlassVial

Registered Member
It's a common misconception that every joke in Family Guy isn't on topic and is crude and a poop. Most of the time that's not the case.
I've seen more than my fair share of episodes and where as the subject matter usually isn't crude, the execution is (going by my standards, anyway. That doesn't apply to everyone by any means. Just trying to make my point :D).

FleshCouture

Registered Member
I like Family Guy.

Many people find it dumb because it relies on flashback jokes as well as every other reason that has been mentioned in this thread.
By flashback jokes, I mean, Peter will start talking and compare a flashback to something that is currently going on.
IE: "I was walking in the park like that one time [Insert 5-8 minute flashback part here]".

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I like this show to an extent, but when it gets to the point where they splurg out random jokes that just don't seem to work, than you can tell that Family Guy's humor is about as stale as bread thats been left out for too long....

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I like this show to an extent, but when it gets to the point where they splurg out random jokes that just don't seem to work, than you can tell that Family Guy's humor is about as stale as bread thats been left out for too long....
But then again, you aren't criticizing the humor here, you're criticizing the structure of the show and that's what I don't get.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty good show "4 years ago", the humor such as the flashbacks are just not funny anymore, as well as the ridiculous scenes that tend to stretch on for too long....like the chicken fight, or when he tried to get the frog out of
Chris's bedroom.

The only episode I really liked from Family guy is the one where he goes back in time to ask lois out on a date, and the fact they referenced Back to the future :D