• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Why Do Hollywood Stars Adopt Kids?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Lately it seems that the trend in Hollywood is for famous actors to adopt kids from third world countries. Sure not everybody is doing it, but, lately there have been a few notable stars to do so. Do you think that they are doing this for publicity, to be good examples, or what?

I'm all for adoption but I sometimes wonder if famous people adopt kids for the wrong reasons. Do you think some of it has to do with not wanting to be pregnant on screen, or pregnant at all?

Any thoughts?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think, for the most part, it's because they just can. The feel sorry for the children and decide that with their money, they're better to help the child than to bring another of their own into the world.

But Angelina Jolie takes it too far.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
How many do Angelina and Brad have adopted now? Do they even have any of their own? Seems like a waste of perfect genes to go up-reproduced. :)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
According to Wiki, they have five. She spawned one of them herself, so it looks like their genes have been properly used.