Why do guys continue to stare...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiwi, Apr 22, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

when it is so blatantly obvious you are taken? I can understand looking, I most likely do that myself without even thinking about it, but when I'm out and about I always have at least one kid with me and usually have 3 and a husband, those seem to be pretty clear signs I am taken.

So guys, when you see an attractive girl, even one that isn't available, what causes you to keep on looking?

2. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

Mans monkey brain sex drives.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I never have that problem. Looking like a troll does have it's advantages.:nod:

4. Outlaw403

Outlaw403 Registered Member

unnatural force of nature i guess, its not like we plan to get anywhere with an obviously taken girl, were not that stupid. But i guess we are just naturally drawn to a good looking woman, no matter what.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Don't wear clothes that will draw their attention. Problem solved.

6. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

But Knyte likes it when I wear those clothes.

I don't have a problem with them looking, like I said, I check out the opposite sex too just out of habit, I'm just curious why they don't just check out, and then move on.

7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

How do they not "move on"?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  8. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Ditto to what echoes said. Also I know many guys who do not care if you are taken.

Besides staring isn't doing any harm.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Guys think with their manhood. To them, an attractive woman is like a work of art. They'll stare and stare. The only thing that'll stop them is a negative reaction.

My best friend is really beautiful and she gets a lot of male attention. She is married and even if they know she's married they still try and chat her up. I've had to yell at guys to stop hassling her so much in the past.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Maybe they want to stare long enough to find out if you're one of those unavailable girls who could be charmed enough to drop what you have, or be willing to have something on the side.

Or it could be simple open admiration without other intentions (so being unavailable is irrelevant).