Movies Why do girls like Pride & Prejudice?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Yes I've seen this movie.. No I didn't think it was anything special. Apparently a lot of girls like this movie. I honestly don't know what was so good about it.

I generally have a very broad taste in movies but Pride & Prejudice was just one of those movies I couldn't find a reason to like.

I've only seen the new version but I definitely don't want to see ANY versions of it again, regardless of how good they may be. Mostly because this new version was supposed to be very good. I must have missed something.

So, those of you who like it, what is it about this movie that is so good?

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

haha. My cousin keeps a copy of Pride and Prejudice on his bookshelf just in case any ladies come over.

I haven't read it or seen it, so I can't say anything.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Haha that's smooth. I won't say I didn't like it but I really couldn't see why so many people would "love" it.

4. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Hey it's not that bad of a book. Can't say I ever watched the movie. I think it's a combination of the romanticism that is perceived in that era, and just the entire plot. It's not that bad, and I guess you could say some girls fantasize of being in that situation.

Who knows.

5. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

What version? There's also the Indian one.

I've seen the Indian one, pretty good it was.