Why do/don't you post a comment on blogs/websites?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mavor, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Mavor

Mavor New Member

Hello everyone, as the title above says: Why do or don't you post a comment on blogs or websites (youtube comments, things like that)? What is the motivation behind doing it? Sometimes I see web pages with 10 000 views but only 20 people make a comment?

Any ideas? :confused:

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I very rarely comment on youtube videos unless I really really liked the video, or I actually have something to say about it or to the owner/maker. If it has loads of comments already I'm much less likely to comment.

I don't comment on blogs because I don't read them much and usually when I do, they are fairly old ones, but I probably wouldn't comment even if they were recent. Again, unless I had something to say.

3. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

I never leave a comment on things like YouTube. As for blogs.. these are normally written when things are going wrong, Some i've read are depressing so i don't bother reading them either. I would never write a blog as if someone is reading it and i've been negative or unhappy i don't want them feeling sorry for me.

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I don't leave comments because I can never be bothered.
    I leave comments on GF blogs sometimes but that's only if I want to give my opinion on something.

5. joshrcay

joshrcay Registered Member

I like to post my opinion on websites and blogs. I also like to read other people's comments as well. It's fun to see other people's opnions, as well as get replys on your own comments. So yes, I do post, and pretty frequently.

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I post comments on YouTube videos all the time, even moreso if someone decides to pick an argument with me like on a political or sports video. But political or social blogs I stay away from becuase they tend to be extremely biased and I know even with all the resources on the net I still can't win those battles.

7. Mavor

Mavor New Member

Hmm, yea you are right. What is the point to making a comment?

If you had to come up with a reason to comment, what might it be? Does anything come to mind?

I can't really think of anything off the top of my head.. :-/

8. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I comment on Blogs and posted videos only if I found them interesting or well made vids.
    Most of the time I just read the blogs and watch the videos but every once in a while you find that hidden jem that you just have to make comment on.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009